Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly - Watford fans are convinced we spoke to Silva behind the scenes and he then downed tools when in reality all that is simply hearsay and has never been officially reported.
If that wasn't what happened then it makes his signing even more odd. Didn't exactly set the world alight did he?

I’m not saying they don’t matter. But when I’m trying to talk about the issue at hand, they mean precisely nothing so are unimportant to me. I have no issue with you being proud of the history of your club and it’s achievements. Although, given the actual subject matter, I’m not sure you should be talking about your clubs ‘class’...certainly not over this issue.

And I’d happily never hear us play that song again and most WFC fans agree.
You obviously dont have any idea how football works.
Manager / Player doing well at a club ,
Bigger / Richer club would like to acquire their services several offers are made , Parent club either accepts or rejects such offers ( in your case) reject circa £12/15 mil.
Both parties move on , Parent club then usually offers better terms to their asset in order to protect themselves ( not sure Watford did this)
In our case we moved on to another manager , your club has a dramatic downturn in form.
Yet you want to blame us for something , dont get your point.
Big sticking point here is your club lost around £12/15 mil when you sacked him .
Its the game mate , like it or not thats how it works (Richarlson will be next btw)
We owe you nothing .So just move on

And stop playing our bloody tune.

And Everton fans are convinced he didn’t. If we had evidence of it, why would we let the press know so they could report it. We would take it to the PL - which we did. Hence the news over the last 48hrs. Not hard to understand.

Watford's complaint to the Premier League was ages ago, pretty much in the aftermath of Silva's sacking. The Premier League's response was for the two clubs to enter into a period of mediation which reports suggest has been the case ever since. If Watford presented solid evidence that Everton had made an illegal approach, don't you think the PL would have set up one of these panels that the press are talking about already?

The reason why I think Everton are reported to still be in negotiation for compensation is because they see it as their responsibility to fix the bad blood between the two clubs. And also they know that whatever they have to pay now doesn't even compare to what we would have had to pay. The press are reporting Watford are demanding £8m, I'd be amazed if Everton offered anything over £4m.

Give them 3m and a nice new dress for the weekend and that should do it.

We certainly don't owe them anything close to the 8m they are apparently asking for.

Weird how they won the 2 games straight after our apparent interest where he apparently downed tools as well. Looks to me like they just stopped scoring goals and if that happens then you don't win games

Up Everton

Screw the Waf

Silva was clearly the number 1 going by what little info is going around since last November when we went looking for him. Not a peep out of him since he was sacked. Watford are trying to wriggle a few bob out of this. They owe him compo. Fair play to them whether they are right or wrong. They have nothing to lose. Brands will have had the final say on who is first team coach. Silva would not being coming in unless he approved. Moshiri and him have clearly sat down and determined a style of football they want to play. The new first team coach will deliver this style. Brands will supply the players which he will have an input on.

Not often I'd say this but just do what that lot across the park would do, Laugh in their faces and parade him to the press.

Yes. Because our whole team dreams of playing for Everton. You went through more managers than us last season. And as many in the 2 seasons before that. Give your head a wobble.

Mate you have made your point calmly and rationally but surely you didn't expect not to be wound up on here?!?! Btw do you not think it's odd that the man himself should be flying beneath the radar on all this? If he'd had the balls to hand in his resignation if he was so obviously 'tapped up' then we'd have all moved on from this months ago - well most of us would have!

If Silva is the number one choice why has this not been done.

The facts are he is out of work.
Mosheri has had lots of time to sort stuff out with him.
Brands would have been involved.

So my point is maybe this is a smokescreen as to who Mosheri really wants?

Your evidence is simply:

"We were doing well"

"Everton came in and made severeal approaches"

"We then started to be crap and sacked the manager"

"We want compo as its Evertons fault"

Thats the crux of Watfords complaint and I hope the PL are neutral enough to throw it out.
Are you your clubs lawyer? Because if not, I’d say you have no idea what our evidence is. It’s fairly staggering that a large proportion of your fans seem to think our club is stupid enough to make an official complaint to the PL with little note than some poor results to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back