Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument was RM took over a team which finished 6th with 63 points. Good for a season which we expected 5th-7th then went for a free fall to 11th and 13th. Koeman actually took over a proven mid table team and improves it.

He hasnt even finished his first season yet...

We learn nothing do we?

Imagine Thierry Henry listening on as a second rate manager and 4th rate footballer tries to give Eden Hazard advice on how to be a better player

Looooooooooools everywhere

How good a player was Joachim Lowe? Jose Mourinho? Alex Ferguson?

A managers ability as a player means absolutely nothing. In many ways its a hindrance to them if they were great players as they cant get their head around the fact that their players couldn't do what comes naturally to him.

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

I actually thought last season that Koeman would have been a good shout for Arsenal and I said so at the time. After revealing his hand with Everton though I think they'd run a mile.

On a bigger stage like this he's taken more notice of in terms of his words and actions. He's said all the wrong things in terms of how he likes to approach football and football players, and the style of football adopted for most of the season - ignoring the strengths of technically decent players in favour of forcing them to play a more basic style - would make up the Arsenal board's minds for them, I suspect.

As for Henry and Martinez: never happening...and if it does, which it wont, it'd be Martinez > Henry.

I actually thought last season that Koeman would have been a good shout for Arsenal and I said so at the time. After revealing his hand with Everton though I think they'd run a mile.

On a bigger stage like this he's taken more notice of in terms of his words and actions. He's said all the wrong things in terms of how he likes to approach football and football players, and the style of football adopted for most of the season - ignoring the strengths of technically decent players in favour of forcing them to play a more basic style - would make up the Arsenal board's minds for them, I suspect.

As for Henry and Martinez: never happening...and if it does, which it wont, it'd be Martinez > Henry.

lollollol

You think the Arsenal Board care about "style" of football?

Get a clue.

lollollol

You think the Arsenal Board care about "style" of football?

Get a clue.
Yes. Yes I do. Because there's a generation of fans they answer to who have been brought up on passing football and they wont take too kindly to going back to boring, boring Arsenal...a monkey they got off their back and one they wont want any technically poor manager to foist on them again.

Yes. Yes I do. Because there's a generation of fans they answer to who have been brought up on passing football and they wont take too kindly to going back to boring, boring Arsenal...a monkey they got off their back and one they wont want any technically poor manager to foist on them again.

Koeman is the most technical manager we have had in our history.

The fella has played 8 different formations this season alone and often changes our formation 3 times during a game.

Nobody is buying your myth that Ronny isnt a tactical astute manager and will certainly be at the top of every top club in the worlds list.

Koeman is the most technical manager we have had in our history.

The fella has played 8 different formations this season alone and often changes our formation 3 times during a game.

Nobody is buying your myth that Ronny isnt a tactical astute manager and will certainly be at the top of every top club in the worlds list.
lol

Any Dutch footy fan will laugh in your face if you described Koeman as that and then they'd wonder wtf type of managers we'd been employing for 139 years.

He is commonly viewed as the least technical manager that's come out of Holland to manage in the top flight.

"8 different formations in games"....ha ha. FFS, howling at that.

lol

Any Dutch footy fan will laugh in your face if you described Koeman as that and then they'd wonder wtf type of managers we'd been employing for 139 years.

He is commonly viewed as the least technical manager that's come out of Holland to manage in the top flight.

"8 different formations in games"....ha ha. FFS, howling at that.

??

Just get back to counting your long balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back