Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last three months of last season are all about a first team that just give up and dont believe anymore. It was more a reflection of them than the manager. Cowards not prepared to go out and face their own fans at home. This, coupled with a snide or two determined to oust their manager, led to the collapse.

Always the victim, it's never Martinez's fault.

I dont think anyone disputes that those players were shocking "professionals" in the last three months of that season. Maybe you're one of the few who thought they all played with professionalism?
It was a downing of tools the like of which I've never seen before at Goodison. Even the season we started under Mike Walker I don't remember as being so blatant.

The players, of course, are heroes for these actions, as they had the courage to act as whistleblowers. Edward Snowden, Karen Silkwood, lets add Phil Jagielka to that noble list. A self-serving con-man had ingratiated himself into a very powerful position at Everton, hoodwinking the more vulnerable sections of our support. The players were prepared to put pride to one side and expose him as a forked-tongue charlatan - averting catastrophe for the club.

It was a downing of tools the like of which I've never seen before at Goodison. Even the season we started under Mike Walker I don't remember as being so blatant.

The players, of course, are heroes for these actions, as they had the courage to act as whistleblowers. Edward Snowden, Karen Silkwood, lets add Phil Jagielka to that noble list. A self-serving con-man had ingratiated himself into a very powerful position at Everton, hoodwinking the more vulnerable sections of our support. The players were prepared to put pride to one side and expose him as a forked-tongue charlatan - averting catastrophe for the club.
Lord knows no one in the back room would have

How are we debating the charlatan still? It's patently obvious this magic 5th place finish, was on the basic defending tenement Moyes put in place. Koeman working on it and looking just at defensive stats alone shows this. We didn't practice defending set plays.
A good attacking coach though, (not quite sure we've ever had a run of goals scored, & so few conceded as we have right now- so maybe Ron is a better coach). Spawned a cup once. Relegated a team once. Taken over the reins of Belgium and having to pay staff out of his own wage. I think is getting paid less than Thierry? Absolute lol if so, but may if read that wrong somewhere.
We didn't practice defending set plays
Oh my God, we didn't practice defending set plays.

Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Read it all now: players pulling a blue shirt on with the intention to get beat are feted by some fans.

No mate, they were - and remain - enemies of the club. They are reprehensible.

Baines
Jagielka
Mirallas

Those three in particular - I will dance with delight when they finally leave this club. Utter no marks the three of them. Three black stains on the history of this club.

How are we debating the charlatan still? It's patently obvious this magic 5th place finish, was on the basic defending tenement Moyes put in place. Koeman working on it and looking just at defensive stats alone shows this. We didn't practice defending set plays.
A good attacking coach though, (not quite sure we've ever had a run of goals scored, & so few conceded as we have right now- so maybe Ron is a better coach). Spawned a cup once. Relegated a team once. Taken over the reins of Belgium and having to pay staff out of his own wage. I think is getting paid less than Thierry? Absolute lol if so, but may if read that wrong somewhere.
We didn't practice defending set plays
Oh my God, we didn't practice defending set plays.

I'll tell you why - because he produced our best football since the 1980s and a season where we won 21 out of 38 games and ran up a points record that this Dutch lad you hero worship wont ever equal or surpass. THAT is why you cant leave it alone. That massive inconvenient truth is the rock your flimsy craft smashes into and breaks apart on.

The "charlatan", btw, will be waving at you via your plasma screen from Moscow in next years World Cup leading out one of the most exciting teams in international football.

I'll tell you why - because he produced our best football since the 1980s and a season where we won 21 out of 38 games and ran up a points record that this Dutch lad you hero worship wont ever equal or surpass. THAT is why you cant leave it alone. That massive inconvenient truth is the rock your flimsy craft smashes into and breaks apart on.

The "charlatan", btw, will be waving at you via your plasma screen from Moscow in next years World Cup leading out one of the most exciting teams in international football.

What's your opinion on the fact he didn't include set pieces in training?

Sound Rattled there D. I don't hero worship Koeman lol Koeman has just led us on a run of smashing teams 6-3 4-0, 3-0, ect, not only two games we've conceded this year so far. We had good football for one season whilst defending was still ingrained in the players. Towards the end of the season we were figured out- it was easy to defend and beat us. We were humiliated horrifically by the RS twice in a row. The poorest two seasons I've had to witness at Goodison since the 90's.
I have a LED screen btw, and Roberto Wilmots will lead out a team of talented individuals that don't know how to defend. They will fail massively against decent teams.

I have puzzle for you, what is the significance of the following set of figures

4, 11, 6, 5, 5, 8, 7, 7, 6, 5, 11, 11

The 10th 5 does not look that out of the ordinary when you consider the previous figures. The two 11s does jar a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back