Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re McNothing from earlier "one of us"...

"The Echo had started what I could only describe as an anti-Joe Royle campaign. When our results dipped badly in the New Year, the criticism, particularly from the paper's sports editor Phil McNulty, grew ever more vicious....it appeared he wanted to wage a war of words on me....In my view McNulty and his paper were nothing but destructive in a series of carping, critical articles...as the whistle blew on our FA Cup defeat by Bradford McNulty stood up in the Goodison press box raised his arms and shouted triumphantly "vindicated!" - Joe Royle, The Autobiography. p123/4

Request: you might want to have some fun concerning Martinez, but please dont quote that turd favourably in doing so. He quite simply set out to claim the scalp of an Everton legend to try and make a name for himself and hand Peter Johnson a gift in the process.

He is nothing...in fact, less than nothing.

Inherited 6th place team, left us 11th place team... record books will indeed show this forever.
Record books concerning Evertons PL performances will show:

Season 2013/14 - 21 wins, 72 points...all with Moyes' Dads Army and after a negative net spend.

Let me just underline this: no Everton manager in the foreseeable future will top that.

Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

So for my money that's 4 games that can be classed as being against competitive opponents.

Lost 2-0 to Spain (and booed off)
Drew 0-0 with a Dutch team in complete disarray.
Drew 1-1 With a Greek team down to 10-men
Drew 3-3 after being 3-1 up with 15 to go V a really poor Russian team (see EURO2016)

View attachment 35733
I think there's a pattern here......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back