Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody forces you to pay for any of that (I assume...) and the amount it would contribute to his pay off would be miniscule.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, all I am saying is your obsession is not healthy.

It didn't end up in tears like unless you cry at the thought of boring mid table finishes. It could have, but it didn't because we got rid. What more do you want? Blood?

Actually...don't answer that...

I cry at the reality of paying £680 for a season ticket and then watching us win 4 games at home all season.

They minimized them, they didn't 'not do them'.

We concede less goals from headers this season, that's for sure:

We conceded 8 so far this season. We can expect another couple at least to be added to that 8 though with 10 games to go.
Last season we conceded 14
However, we only conceded 8 headers all season in 2014/15 and we conceded 10 during 2013/14.

So, overall I'd say there's been only (for now) been improvement on set pieces (and headers would be the majority of goals conceded via them) on last season, and there's been no massive coach-on-coach improvement with regards to set piece vulnerability.

At the other end of the pitch - set piece goals scored - we performed better under Martinez goals-wise:

This season so far we've scored 9 from set pieces - we'll possibly get another 3.
Last season we scored 12 from set pieces.
2014/15 we scored 15
2013/14 we scored 15

So, to summarise: more set piece training doesn't translate into better outcomes.

Does that include penaltys?

I cry at the reality of paying £680 for a season ticket and then watching us win 4 games at home all season.

That's the chance you take.

I was there for the final day relegation battles. Oddly it was more interesting as at least there was something riding on the games.

Not that I want to go through it again mind.

No, it was purely on headed goals conceded / scored. The debate was around how we better set up defensively and crosses into the box were always the downfall it was said of the previous era.

I would say alot of the ones we conceded would of been begining of season. 4 out of our first 6 goals conceded this season were headers/crosses into the box (spurs, wba, Boro, . So that sort of points out, it was a big problem. It has took time to fix, and it happens less often now due to us working on that in training.
So 4 goals from 7 games conceded in that fashion
Since then 4 goals in 24

You bend and adapt to English Football, it doesn't bend or adapt to you

Something Martinez could do with remembering if he gets offered another job in the Premier League following his run as Belgian manager

The wisest move for him would be to manage on the continent and at a club like Levante or Osasuna, where the style and pace of the league suits his tactics more and bottom half finishes with Cup runs will be considered success

Something Martinez could do with remembering,if he amazingly gets offered another job anywhere.

The wisest move for him would be to manage in the Vanarama National League, at a club like Bromley or North Ferriby, where the style and pace of the league suits his tactics more and bottom half finishes with Cup runs will be considered success

Fixed that for you ;)

Something Martinez could do with remembering if he gets offered another job in the Premier League following his run as Belgian manager

The wisest move for him would be to manage on the continent and at a club like Levante or Osasuna, where the style and pace of the league suits his tactics more and bottom half finishes with Cup runs will be considered success
Resurrected one club in the wilderness over here, gave another one a major trophy in England, and handed us our best season in the club's PL history in terms of playing good football consistently and winning games.

Lets' not lose sight of that. He's not some Johnny Foreigner with zero knowledge or impact. In fact, he's much more English than he is Spanish football wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back