Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't we just move on?

13/14 was boss tho. Actual hope and positivity that hadn't existed for years before and hasn't been replaced. Koeman has returned us to Moyes levels of best of the rest.

Hopefully after the next window he exceeds both of them.

No, we must fight it out via words on the internet.

I'm alright planning tomorrow's responses:

tumblr_mtg6e57hAd1qzkdnwo3_250.gif

No Dave, I was grateful for one of my favourite seasons watching Everton and the following European run. What I'm not grateful for it paying 700 quid for two season tickets and seeing 4 wins.

His win at Old Trafford was similar to last night but we held on and scored late instead of scoring early. Look, here's the stats for his win:

Overall
Possession %
52-48
Shots
Total

14-10
On target
6-4
Off target
8-7

And here's the stats for last night:

Overall
Possession %
61-39
Shots
Total shots
18-11
On target
3-4
Off target
8-2
Blocked
7-5

We didn't dominate either game. Don't rewrite history.
I'm still trying to forget Wembley against Man Utd. It was a semi final as well ffs, not in the slightest bit special, and the performance was the most pathetic gutless crap I've ever paid to see. Evertonians scrapping in the ground, making a show of ourselves. Least Moyes got us to a final before we shat out.

Can't we just move on?

13/14 was boss tho. Actual hope and positivity that hadn't existed for years before and hasn't been replaced. Koeman has returned us to Moyes levels of best of the rest.

Hopefully after the next window he exceeds both of them.

I think there's quite a bit more hope and positivity around the club at the moment myself. Real hope and positivity as well, based on tangible signs of improvement on and off the pitch.

Koeman has returned us to the best of the rest, you're right. He's returned us there from being a dull mid-to-lower table side that can't muster 50 points in a season and bores it's fans to tears, and was getting steadily closer to a relegation battle, so for that I am eternally grateful and hope our upward trajectory continues.

Not so Dave, we were under the cosh quite a bit in that game. Maybe you should reread a few match reports:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...an-Oviedo-scores-winner-stun-David-Moyes.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25115886

http://www.skysports.com/football/man-utd-vs-everton/300998

A fine win no doubt but let's check United's home form that season just to reinforce the point.

0-0 Chelsea
2-0 win over Palace
2-1 loss to West Brom - First time since 1978
1-1 Southampton
3-2 win over Stoke - Came back twice
1-0 win over Arsenal - Starting to come into some home form here Davey, well done
1-0 loss to us - Really unfortunate that Dave, just starting to figure it out
1-0 loss to Newcastle - Bit of a tail spin but you'll fix this now Ginge
3-1 win over West Ham - That'll do it Davey, good win
FA Cup Home loss - 2-1 Swansea. FFS, Third Round exit again Davey.
2-1 loss to Spurs - FFS Dave, back to square one. Get Vidic to watch Distin again.
2-0 win over Swansea - Working on Set Pieces on Thursday really worked there Davey.
2-0 win over Cardiff - Well done Ginge, the Welsh double achieved!
2-2 draw with Fulham - 90 crosses in a game, wow.
3-0 loss to Liverpool - Fans won't be happy with that.
3-0 loss to City - Wow, massive blip here Davey but you'll sort it, you always do.
4-1 win over Villa - That's the ticket.
SACKED - FFS Davey, really unlucky that.

So, in review:
Vs Top 5 6 sides (that season) - 1 Win, 0 draws, 5 losses.
First WBA win since 1978
First Everton win in 21 years
First Newcastle win since 1972
First consecutive home losses since 2001/02 - Everton and Newcastle

In summary. LOL at Moyes and Martinez.
Well, as the comparison of match stats from that game and the one just gone have already demonstrated, we did better that day than on Tuesday night...oh, and we kept going and going and going - pressing for the win and we got it. Because we played without fear and the manager was the right character to do that.

Oh for that brief period in the wilderness years since the 80s when manager and players were in synch and confident and pushing the envelope to get three points every game. It didn't last long. The Camelot Season.

I'm still trying to forget Wembley against Man Utd. It was a semi final as well ffs, not in the slightest bit special, and the performance was the most pathetic gutless crap I've ever paid to see. Evertonians scrapping in the ground, making a show of ourselves. Least Moyes got us to a final before we shat out.

300 quid it cost. I've tried to wipe it from memory but no luck so far.,

300 quid it cost. I've tried to wipe it from memory but no luck so far.,

I didn't even see Martial's goal hit the back of the net. As soon as it was laid off and I saw him bearing down on goal my head just sunk into my hands. The worst part about that whole game though was the first half "performance". Going through the motions from minute 1, letting a crippled Rooney run rings round us while we stood and watched and refused to put a tackle in, an absolute shambles.

I didn't even see Martial's goal hit the back of the net. As soon as it was laid off and I saw him bearing down on goal my head just sunk into my hands. The worst part about that whole game though was the first half "performance". Going through the motions from minute 1, letting a crippled Rooney run rings round us while we stood and watched and refused to put a tackle in, an absolute shambles.

Sounds like you were sat in my seat and all there Mike. Twice I've been to wembley now and experienced the exact same game/result. Until a Gaffer goes there and gets a win, I'm not thanking them for anything.

Sounds like you were sat in my seat and all there Mike. Twice I've been to wembley now and experienced the exact same game/result. Until a Gaffer goes there and gets a win, I'm not thanking them for anything.

Same, we just can't get enough of 2-1 defeats at Wembley can we? Last 3 visits there have panned out exactly the same. Bottled every single one.

He made going to the match an absolutely miserable experience. I've never been so downbeat before homes games like i was under Martinez. I'll never forgive him for making me seriously consider not renewing my season ticket. I got to the stage were I didn't want to go to Goodison because I knew it would be a chore to watch us and I KNEW that we definitely wouldn't win and I'd be bored senseless. I can stand us being garbage, I'm used to that but I draw the line at having absolutely no hope and watching a clown slowly kill us. The money he took at the end he was totally entitled because that dunderhead Kenwright let emotions clowed his judgement with a ludicrous contract but when all is said and done it was worth every penny to rid us of the charlatan.

Last edited:
You really are ungrateful. Do you think this Dutch lad will give you a season where we win all but 17 games and gets us to Wembley in three seasons?

Have a look at that game last night, then have a look at the win we got at OT under Martinez. That'll tell you all you need to know why one could have a magnificent season and the other will get a Moyes-like one.
I'm not sure he'll deliver the 72 points or Wembley within three seasons but I'm confidant he won't have us only winning 12 home league game over two seasons and having the worst home win record over a season in the club's history! Nither of those things are achievements anyway but I'd rather have a manager that can deliver the latter then the former if that's what we have to close between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back