Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went there and went toe to to for 90 minutes; last night he shut up shop after 45 minutes.

As said: he's a steady Eddie. We'll never get the gambling instinct from him we need to get CL levels of wins per season. He bottles the big encounters.

Who can forget us standing 'toe to toe' with the RS last season at the pit Dave.

When they had 37 shots to our 3 (none on target) and that brown shoed biff served up the most embarrassing 90 minutes of derby football in a generation.

A night that bad that even our Directors couldn't bare to stay until the finish.

Who can forget us standing 'toe to toe' with the RS last season at the pit Dave.

When they had 37 shots to our 3 (none on target) and that brown shoed biff served up the most embarrassing 90 minutes of derby football in a generation.

A night that bad that even our Directors couldn't bare to stay until the finish.
I remember us down to 10 men with an injury crisis to contend with and a SF to prepare for days later...I suppose you forgot those inconvenient truths though.

Tell you what mate, when this Dutch lad actually gets a derby day performance from his players and takes at least one point, let me know.

The players had a LOT to answer for that night too.

Every derby for the past 20 odd years at anfield has been embarrassing.

I remember us down to 10 men with an injury crisis to contend with and a SF to prepare for days later...I suppose you forgot those inconvenient truths though.

Tell you what mate, when this Dutch lad actually gets a derby day performance from his players and takes at least one point, let me know.

One derby day performance we had against them under Roberto. Year 1, the 3-3.

Others were complete cowardice and we played out two bore draws - one of which we probably should have lost in all fairness.

Come on Dave.

One derby day performance we had against them under Roberto. Year 1, the 3-3.

Others were complete cowardice and we played out two bore draws - one of which we probably should have lost in all fairness.

Come on Dave.

4 draws and 2 losses. Martinez Not greta by any stretch.
2 games 2 defeats. Koeman. Pathetic.

4 draws and 2 losses. Martinez Not greta by any stretch.
2 games 2 defeats. Koeman. Pathetic.

Conceding 41 shots, not having one shot on target though and losing 4-0 while the directors of the club get off with 30 minutes to go. Nothing much more pathetic than that in the derby.

What injury crisis was this like?

Everton
  • 1 Robles
  • 8 Oviedo
  • 5 Stones
  • 25 Funes
  • 3 Baines
  • 16 McCarthy
  • 18 Barry
  • 11 Mirallas
  • 20 Barkley
  • 12 Lennon
  • 10R Lukaku
The game was already gone when Mori got sent off.

As it happens if you remember in the build up many were suggesting he should pick a reserve side for the fixture and write it off with the SF looming. But he went full strength, we still got mullered and the players confidence sapped.

He should have been sacked in the dressing room after that debacle.

Everton
  • 1 Robles
  • 8 Oviedo
  • 5 Stones
  • 25 Funes
  • 3 Baines
  • 16 McCarthy
  • 18 Barry
  • 11 Mirallas
  • 20 Barkley
  • 12 Lennon
  • 10R Lukaku

As it happens if you remember in the build up many were suggesting he should pick a reserve side for the fixture and write it off with the SF looming. But he went full strength, we still got mullered and the players confidence sapped.

He got sacked the week after. Its not like we kept him for years afterwards.

Conceding 41 shots, not having one shot on target though and losing 4-0 while the directors of the club get off with 30 minutes to go. Nothing much more pathetic than that in the derby.
...well that's what happens when you have a bunch of players who would rather hide behind the couch than face up to Liverpool like men.

Everton
  • 1 Robles
  • 8 Oviedo
  • 5 Stones
  • 25 Funes
  • 3 Baines
  • 16 McCarthy
  • 18 Barry
  • 11 Mirallas
  • 20 Barkley
  • 12 Lennon
  • 10R Lukaku

Injuries and suspensions and a SF at Wembley looming three days later...then Mori gets sent off and refuseniks like that Blackburn supporting Kopite Baines doing his worst.

What was I thinking, it was a completely level playing field for Martinez.

'kin ell.

...well that's what happens when you have a bunch of players who would rather hide behind the couch than face up to Liverpool like men.
To be fair to anyone, these men have been left wanting for a long time now in this fixture. There always seems to be a reason behind it as well from injury crisis to downing tools. Another topic than the current to be fair but can't really hold derbies against Martinez anymore than you can really blame moyes for installing the mindset 9 years prior

We'd have stood a better chance at Wembley if they'd have shot him straight after that game imo.

It'd have lifted the gloom.

Another thing we can thank Mosh for, as Kenwright would have stood by him for another half a season I reckon.

Oh, you are one of them are you?

Heaven forbid a chairman stands by his manager eh?

And we wouldn't have stood a better chance, the players are/were cowards. They proved that time and time again.

Hopefully that will change soon but we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back