Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
The poster doth protest too much methinks.

2013/14 = Our Camelot season:

“Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment, that was known as Camelot.”
2013-14 =5th place finish in the league, got knocked out of the league cup in the third round and got knocked out of the FA cup in the quater finals. Not all that much to write home about Dave considering the previous season under Moyes (the guy who built that side) we finished sixth in the league, got knocked out of the league cup in the third round and got knocked out of the FA cup in the.......... Yes you guessed it the quater finals! It all makes sense now, nobody spotted it was the "Camelot season" because we were so overawed by such an improvement!:hayee:

Just wondering what people's thoughts are regarding Martinez and Kenright.
If Moshiri never came into the club do you think RM would've been sacked when he was, at the end of last season or allowed to take charge this year? Personally I believe he would've had this year here as well.

If Moshiri never came into the club do you think RM would've been sacked when he was, at the end of last season or allowed to take charge this year? Personally I believe he would've had this year here as well.
In my humble opinion, Kenwright and the board couldn't have paid the compensation to get rid of Martinez so you'd hsve the choice of pay him off and lose 12 mil of John Stones money or stick with him.
Bear in mind that the debt to RMF at 31 May was 35 mil, and you get to thinking had BK painted himself into a corner regarding ownership.

He'd still be here ruining our lives
He eventually ruined watching Everton for me, just had a sinking feeling in my stomach every game.

In my humble opinion, Kenwright and the board couldn't have paid the compensation to get rid of Martinez so you'd hsve the choice of pay him off and lose 12 mil of John Stones money or stick with him.
Bear in mind that the debt to RMF at 31 May was 35 mil, and you get to thinking had BK painted himself into a corner regarding ownership.
100% what I think too, I believe Kenwright would've backed Martinez and having to pay so much compensation would've been an added incentive to keep him in charge.

Oh he'd definitely still be here, we'd be embroiled in a relegation battle, we wouldn't of even got this season out of Lukaku or Barkley, crowds would be dwindeling, we'd probably of toped last seasons embarrassing home record of league victorys and Goodison would be poisonous. On a personal level, I definitely wouldn't of renewed my season ticket again with the fraud as manager and that really upsets me because I hate the idea of not going the match but I'd have to draw the line.

BeavisButtHead.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back