Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
...well that's what happens when you have a bunch of players who would rather hide behind the couch than face up to Liverpool like men.
Does this also apply to this season? Or was last years 4-0 defeat all the players fault and this seasons 3-1 defeat all the managers fault? Just checking because I'd hate for anyone to think you were being inconsistent Dave.:coffee:

Of course they have. The 0-3 Gerrard hat trick derby was a disgrace.

The derby you mention being bad doesn't make any of the ones that proceeded them good.

The one constant in all this is the players by the way.
The one sticking thing from that game you mention was the team didn't look like they had a clue what they were meant to be doing. Almost as if he had picked 11 players prior to kick-off and sent them out without a real game plan of sorts and just hoped they would all develop chemistry over 90 minutes.

That to me is still the most embarrassing derby defeat to me. Martinez got his tactics wrong and the team had given up by the second drubbing by them but the Gerrard derby was horrible. Simply because we just gave Gerrard a derby memory in his career that we never really had to give him if we weren't saving players for ultimately a draw on the Saturday afternoon

The one sticking thing from that game you mention was the team didn't look like they had a clue what they were meant to be doing. Almost as if he had picked 11 players prior to kick-off and sent them out without a real game plan of sorts and just hoped they would all develop chemistry over 90 minutes.

That to me is still the most embarrassing derby defeat to me. Martinez got his tactics wrong and the team had given up by the second drubbing by them but the Gerrard derby was horrible. Simply because we just gave Gerrard a derby memory in his career that we never really had to give him if we weren't saving players for ultimately a draw on the Saturday afternoon

The players had decided before that game to stop listening to him and get him out. By all accounts there was murder at that game before a ball was even kicked and even Klopp vaguely commented on it afterwards. Obviously in a situation like that the manager has to go but the attitude of our players stunk by the sounds of it.

Yeah the 0-3 was mad because we rested players for a game we then went on and didnt even win!

We have been embarrassing in derbies for years now. I don't know why Martinez gets it against him (when there are plenty of others things to have a go at him over) like we had been brilliant in derbies beforehand. Our record in derbies, and our performances attached to that record are nothing short of a disgrace and have been for years. I wouldn't mind so much if we were rubbish during that period but generally we were a decent side!

Oh, you are one of them are you?

Heaven forbid a chairman stands by his manager eh?

And we wouldn't have stood a better chance, the players are/were cowards. They proved that time and time again.

Hopefully that will change soon but we shall see.
One of what?

The time for standing by that failure was long gone

No, of course we wouldn't have stood a better chance, that's why the last game of the season under Unsworth was such a disaster...........oh wait. The same players haven't looked cowards this season like, which makes that nothing more than apologist crap

One of what?

No, of course we wouldn't have stood a better chance, that's why the last game of the season under Unsworth was such a disaster...........oh wait. The same players haven't looked cowards this season like, which makes that nothing more than apologist crap
Papa's sussed you out mate. The bitterness oozes out of every pore.

God knows how you'll speak about the Dutch lad when he leaves having only reached top 7 on 60 odd points. If you describe a record breaking manager as a failure what will Koe-moan be?

The players had decided before that game to stop listening to him and get him out. By all accounts there was murder at that game before a ball was even kicked and even Klopp vaguely commented on it afterwards. Obviously in a situation like that the manager has to go but the attitude of our players stunk by the sounds of it.

Yeah the 0-3 was mad because we rested players for a game we then went on and didnt even win!

We have been embarrassing in derbies for years now. I don't know why Martinez gets it against him (when there are plenty of others things to have a go at him over) like we had been brilliant in derbies beforehand. Our record in derbies, and our performances attached to that record are nothing short of a disgrace and have been for years. I wouldn't mind so much if we were rubbish during that period but generally we were a decent side!
Correct mate.

It's comical that Koe-moan has been talking down the previous manager's efforts on the sly and wondering why he couldn't do "as well" as him with them...then bang! two head shot coward performances on the spin.

Now he knows why his predecessor had to go.

Papa's sussed you out mate. The bitterness oozes out of every pore.

God knows how you'll speak about the Dutch lad when he leaves having only reached top 7 on 60 odd points. If you describe a record breaking manager as a failure what will Koe-moan be?
You calling anyone bitter is hilarious

The fact that you still defend this clown and yet constantly have the knife in the current managers back is all about your precious ego.

You invested your internet reputation in the clueless failure, and still can't accept that you were wrong. Pathetic

One of what?

One of those bizarre Kenwright loathers who doesn't look at any of the bigger picture and just blames him for not having billions in the bank.

Since he took over we have been consistently at the top end of the table. It would have been nice to go even higher but that wasn't to be as we didn't have the same money as the teams above us (which is somehow his fault).

The fact that we have people crying into their keyboards over Martinez a year after he left for leaving us with consecutive 11th placed finishes (Yes I know we were in 13th when he left) shows just how far we have came under Kenwright that we see an 11th placed finish as a disgrace.

You do know the final game was against already relegated Norwich with a different team to what would have played the semi right?

As for them not looking like cowards this season, well firstly half the players have changed, secondly we still came up short in our "big" games. The derby performances this season were no better or worse than they have been for 20 years. The end result is always the same.

You calling anyone bitter is hilarious

The fact that you still defend this clown and yet constantly have the knife in the current managers back is all about your precious ego.

You invested your internet reputation in the clueless failure, and still can't accept that you were wrong. Pathetic
lol "Internet reputation". lol

I take as I find. I know that since the 1980s we've had one season - ONE SEASON - in which we looked like a real football team again playing like a quality Everton team should do and winning like one.

Either side of that (with the great cup win of 95 aside) has been turd from a spectacle point of view.

If Koeman can recapture our glory then I'd gratefully accept it - a spoonful of sugar to chase down the pill of having a graceless, charmless character in the dugout.

One of those bizarre Kenwright loathers who doesn't look at any of the bigger picture and just blames him for not having billions in the bank.

Since he took over we have been consistently at the top end of the table. It would have been nice to go even higher but that wasn't to be as we didn't have the same money as the teams above us (which is somehow his fault).

The fact that we have people crying into their keyboards over Martinez a year after he left for leaving us with consecutive 11th placed finishes (Yes I know we were in 13th when he left) shows just how far we have came under Kenwright that we see an 11th placed finish as a disgrace.

You do know the final game was against already relegated Norwich with a different team to what would have played the semi right?

As for them not looking like cowards this season, well firstly half the players have changed, secondly we still came up short in our "big" games. The derby performances this season were no better or worse than they have been for 20 years. The end result is always the same.
Only I never loathed Kenwright nor blamed him for not being a billionaire, as my post history clearly shows, so another fail I'm afraid

lol "Internet reputation". lol

I take as I find. I know that since the 1980s we've had one season - ONE SEASON - in which we looked like a real football team again playing like a quality Everton team should do and winning like one.

Either side of that (with the great cup win of 95 aside) has been turd from a spectacle point of view.

If Koeman can repeat that then I'd gratefully accept it - a spoonful of sugar to chase down the pill of having a graceless, charmless character in the dugout.
You were like the last Japanese soldier with your apologist crap and complete refusal to concede over Martinez and it still continues a year later.

1 season in which we didn't win anything and that was followed by 2 seasons of absolute pap in terms of the 'spectacle '

95 was the best season we've had since the 80's and we played some great football in 96, so as per you're wrong

You were like the last Japanese soldier with your apologist crap and complete refusal to concede over Martinez and it still continues a year later.

1 season in which we didn't win anything and that was followed by 2 seasons of absolute pap in terms of the 'spectacle '

95 was the best season we've had since the 80's and we played some great football in 96, so as per you're wrong
94-95, 04-05, 07-08 and 08-09 all better seasons then the fluke 13-14 season under the fraud.

It's time to put an end to the myth of the 2013-14 fulke season. It was on a par with all the other sides who've had poor managers having a good season out of nowhere. West Ham had one last season and have been found out, Newcastle had one with Pardrew and were found out and we had one under the fraud and........ You guessed it we were found out! Finishing fifth with a side that had finished that had finished sixth the season before?! Oh yes it's the stuff of dreams!

94-95, 04-05, 07-08 and 08-09 all better seasons then the fluke 13-14 season under the fraud.

It's time to put an end to the myth of the 2013-14 fulke season. It was on a par with all the other sides who've had poor managers having a good season out of nowhere. West Ham had one last season and have been found out, Newcastle had one with Pardrew and were found out and we had one under the fraud and........ You guessed it we were found out! Finishing fifth with a side that had finished that had finished sixth the season before?! Oh yes it's the stuff of dreams!

The poster doth protest too much methinks.

2013/14 = Our Camelot season:

“Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment, that was known as Camelot.”

The poster doth protest too much methinks.

2013/14 = Our Camelot season:

“Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment, that was known as Camelot.”
Lol, oh Dave don't ever change mate. Your wonderful nonsense makes GOT a much liviler place, even if you do chat bubbles 99.9% of the time. 'Camelot season'! it takes a true worm of biblical proportions to come out with guff like this! Fair play to you mate, you've reached the stage of self parody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back