Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
The signs are there that he easily has the ability to be a PL manager and he will be again. No question about it.

He did a good job at what, 4th Division in old money, Swansea. He relegated Hull, and made a top club just awful to watch after his first season.

Won a pot at Hull.

Like I said, or should have said maybe, top level League management doesnt suit him.

Not a slant really. The exact same could be said of Low at Germany. Horrific club manager, but given a set of pretty good players and a short time to work with them, he ticks the box.

He did a good job at what, 4th Division in old money, Swansea. He relegated Hull, and made a top club just awful to watch after his first season.

Won a pot at Hull.

Like I said, or should have said maybe, top level League management doesnt suit him.

Not a slant really. The exact same could be said of Low at Germany. Horrific club manager, but given a set of pretty good players and a short time to work with them, he ticks the box.

Wigan, mert.

Won a pot at Hull.

Won more than Koeman has in the last decade...a man who got sacked and nearly lynched at Valencia he was so rank.

So what? Koeman aint manager of Belgium.
...and will never be so or manager of a team full of stars. They wouldn't tolerate him and his ego. Koeman will never manage a top class team unless he can get us into the CL.

...and will never be so or manager of a team full of stars. They wouldn't tolerate him and his ego. Koeman will never manage a top class team unless he can get us into the CL.

Well when/if he does manage Belgium, start a thread about it.

^^^^^^^^^

"Martinez new Belgium head coach"

No, you haven't. It wasn't aimed at you.

As for that season: how can it stand or fall in relation to successive seasons? It's like saying Everton's 1969/70 title winning team should be demoted in its importance because the early 70s were appalling.

Season's stand alone.
No that's not the case.

The 69/70 season was a qualified success as it was a title winning season.

At some point "you can't win 'em all" and it's impossible to come first every year. It's harder to retain a title than win one.

But in these barren times trophy wise, I feel that a mere EL qualification season cannot be considered good unless it's followed up on, regardless of points tally.

He may have finished with 72 points however the fact remains he fell short of success, even with two semi's taken into account. Ended with zilch. It could be argued that Moyes' 4th finish, a League Cup semi and an FA Cup final were "better" but for me both men fell short of what we want, and I liked Moyes.

Likewise with 2004/05 - great stuff but ultimately wasted, as was Moyes entire time here. So close yet so far for him I feel.

a man who got sacked and nearly lynched at Valencia he was so rank.
I love the irony of this. Why do you think the club finally sacked the fraud with only one single game to go last season? I mean, they'd stuck with him for months when it was obvious that he was clueless and had lost the players and fans. It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the final game was at Goodison and Martinez would of been hounded out like the slithering snake he is? He was fired early to protect him from the rosting he derserved. If anyone was near a "lynching" (obviously silly hyperbole on your part) it was the charlatan.

I love the irony of this. Why do you think the club finally sacked the fraud with only one single game to go last season? I mean, they'd stuck with him for months when it was obvious that he was clueless and had lost the players and fans. It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the final game was at Goodison and Martinez would of been hounded out like the slithering snake he is? He was fired early to protect him from the rosting he derserved. If anyone was near a "lynching" (obviously silly hyperbole on your part) it was the charlatan.

He suffered the humiliation of being put out of his misery and saved from an actual lynching at Goodison last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back