Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense. His record here was a mixed bag spanning a spectrum of outstanding to dire. No manager of this club will get into the 70+ points totals until we get hundreds of millions spent.

Anyway, this is a Martinez as Belgium manager thread. As I'm sure you know.

Nah you are talking nonsense about Martinez all along just ask what everyone thinks about the fraud. Your statement is untrue because I am not deluded and turning a blind eye on both 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 seasons. 2/3 of his time at the club was dire. Could you please stop using the 72 points thing as the holy grail, it was 5th yes 5th. 4th at 2004/2005 was a way better achievement.

Yes I know this is a Marthiez thread that's why I am talking to you about how terrible he is.

Nonsense. His record here was a mixed bag spanning a spectrum of outstanding to dire. No manager of this club will get into the 70+ points totals until we get hundreds of millions spent.
This is simply untrue. As a Premier League manager Martinez has a horrendous record. He has had one successful league campaign in the top flight his entire career in 13-14. Every other season was at best poor to terrible. He took a mid table Wigan side and got them relegated (destroying years of stability in the process) and then took us from our normal top six spot to borderline relegation fodder (had it not been for the little purple patches we had in both 14-15 and 15-16 we almost certainly been in a relegation dog fight). You have to go back to Swansea for the last time Martinez had a decent league campaign that wasn't a fluke.

Ha Ha Ha. How is what he earns as an international manager important?

Look at the talent he gets to order about and then look at what he had here...then tell me there's been no rise in status.

Btw, pointing out the winning of 7 Johan Cruyff Shields doesn't help your case.

#worldcupbobby

8 home wins on the bounce, the last fella managed half of that LAST Season, after spending 50m, Ronny has spent minus 8m.

#RonnyK

Will be interesting to see what he'll do with Naingollan. He doesn't like him because he isn't a model professional. He drinks a lot, smokes a lot but he still performs. He frequents bars until 7 AM...

The day after playing Greece the police found him at 7 am in the morning, drunk behind the wheel of his car. He said he wasn't going to drive his car; this is plausible since he had two punctured tires.

This is simply untrue. As a Premier League manager Martinez has a horrendous record. He has had one successful league campaign in the top flight his entire career in 13-14. Every other season was at best poor to terrible. He took a mid table Wigan side and got them relegated (destroying years of stability in the process) and then took us from our normal top six spot to borderline relegation fodder (had it not been for the little purple patches we had in both 14-15 and 15-16 we almost certainly been in a relegation dog fight). You have to go back to Swansea for the last time Martinez had a decent league campaign that wasn't a fluke.

We both have OCD mate. This is not going to work and he will praise the fraud about 72 points trophy.

Will be interesting to see what he'll do with Naingollan. He doesn't like him because he isn't a model professional. He drinks a lot, smokes a lot but he still performs. He frequents bars until 7 AM...

The day after playing Greece the police found him at 7 am in the morning, drunk behind the wheel of his car. He said he wasn't going to drive his car; this is plausible since he had two punctured tires.
He sidelined Mirallas for less here. I'd expect that player to be seeing zero game time for the next few games.

He sidelined Mirallas for less here. I'd expect that player to be seeing zero game time for the next few games.

Yes I know mate but Radja is different. He might be a less than model professional off the field (he doesn't lie about that btw; he calls himself a disco-footballer), on the field he is exemplary. I am also quite sympathetic towards him because he had a really sad life. Sometimes one has to take that into account.

Yes I know mate but Radja is different. He might be a less than model professional off the field (he doesn't lie about that btw; he calls himself a disco-footballer), on the field he is exemplary. I am also quite sympathetic towards him because he had a really sad life. Sometimes one has to take that into account.
As much as he has a nice guy image, I honestly dont see Martinez as an 'arm around the shoulder' type manager. He can be pretty decisive over players who he feels crossed him. Maybe the Belgian FA or senior men in the dressing room will persuade him to turn a blind eye on this one. Maybe.

As much as he has a nice guy image, I honestly dont see Martinez as an 'arm around the shoulder' type manager. He can be pretty decisive over players who he feels crossed him. Maybe the Belgian FA or senior men in the dressing room will persuade him to turn a blind eye on this one. Maybe.

Radja is brilliant. I really enjoy his trademark tackles.

(Disable the sound)

Loads of PL clubs were after him but he prefers staying in Roma even though he only earns a fraction there of what he can earn in the PL. Conte wanted to make him one of the pillars of Chelsea (first he wanted him for Juventus but he hates Juventus).

Radja is brilliant. I really enjoy his trademark tackles.

(Disable the sound)

Loads of PL clubs were after him but he prefers staying in Roma even though he only earns a fraction there of what he can earn in the PL. Conte wanted to make him one of the pillars of Chelsea (first he wanted him for Juventus but he hates Juventus).

He's a very good player. Very aggressive and would suit this league here. No good eventually though if he's burning the candle at both ends. Football's littered with such players.

He's a very good player. Very aggressive and would suit this league here. No good eventually though if he's burning the candle at both ends. Football's littered with such players.

He knows that he'll probably have a shorter career because of his lifestyle. His choice. Would love to see him in a PL derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back