Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've just lost 8-0 on aggregate to Chelsea...hardly a time to be taking swipes at Martinez.
Just pointing out that Koeman on his worst day is better then Martinez. Some clowns have actually said they'd have him back after our only second home league defeat of the season. We lost eight times at home last season and five the one before. We won seven home games in 2014-15 and five in 2015-16 (Martinez gets no credit for Norwich). Koeman has won more games on the bounce at home this season the Martinez won in total in either of the last two seasons. Should we beat Watford Koeman will of overtaken Martinez home record of two full seasons. Make of that statistic what you will.

Just pointing out that Koeman on his worst day is better then Martinez. Some clowns have actually said they'd have him back after our only second home league defeat of the season. We lost eight times at home last season and five the one before. We won seven home games in 2014-15 and five in 2015-16 (Martinez gets no credit for Norwich). Koeman has won more games on the bounce at home this season the Martinez won in either of the last two seasons. Should we beat Watford Koeman will of overtaken Martinez home record of two full seasons. Make of that statistic what you will.

Let it go.

Hahaha.

At least he had the balls to big up Everton. Something Moyes never would do because he's spineless.
He bigged himself up. The man is an ego maniac. Moyes played down expectations but wouldn't of destroyed us. Martinez played up expectations and would of destroyed us. Take a wild guess at which of the two I prefer?!

He bigged himself up. The man is an ego maniac. Moyes played down expectations but wouldn't of destroyed us. Martinez played up expectations and would of destroyed us. Take a wild guess at which of the two I prefer?!

The bold part is why I think there is so much rage about him. Which I just don't get. I think it's great for the club to say out loud big ambitions.

I would much rather that than dour Davey patting me on the head and telling me how boss we are as plucky little Everton. I am glad that coward has failed since he left. Held us back.

The bold part is why I think there is so much rage about him. Which I just don't get. I think it's great for the club to say out loud big ambitions.

I would much rather that than dour Davey patting me on the head and telling me how boss we are as plucky little Everton. I am glad that coward has failed since he left. Held us back.
Oh no mate. I most certainly don't hate him because he had ambitions. I hate him because he ruined two years of following the blues (so much so that I wouldn't of renewed this year had he been manager and that's sacrilege for me to even think that way but that's how bad I felt last season), set us back years in the process. He left us with our worst home league win record in a season. I hate him because he catted complete wham every week whilst knowing it was compete wham and being happy to insult everyone's intelligence by doing so, he threw everyone and anyone under the bus to save his own skin. He tried to turn blue against blue with his "real Evertonians" comment. He sacrificed results on a weekly basis in the name of his vanity project and did it all without giving a dam about the club. It was all about him, if he cared about the club even slightly he would of shown some leway with his precious "philosophy" when it was obviously not working and actually hurting us. He's an egomaniac and a complete idiot.

Apart from that I'm sure he's a really nice fella!lol

Still had us finishing higher then the next two incumbents with just a third of the Rooney money. This doesn't mean I want him back, but Ron or Bob never sealed a top 4 spot, or got us as far in Europe, or to a final. The lack of self belief still permeates through the players and fans.

You prefer the man who's just destroyed his third club in a row.

He didn't destroy us did he? I don't care what they do elsewhere. I judge them for their time here and while Moyes was dour and negative he never intentionally harmed the us like Martinez did with his pathetic crusade and his stupid philosophy. Once is a mastake, twice is a stupid mistake, three times is becoming ludicrous, fourth is taking the piss. However the endless amount of times Martinez made us play the same way when it was obviously wasn't working and was actually hurting us leves me to conclude that he's either a complete moron on an incomprehensible level or just didnt care.

Last edited:

Oh BTW Dave, you want to talk about destroying clubs? Well did you know Wigan Athletic, the club you disrespectfully refer to as the "dog and duck fc" were relegated back to league one yesterday? I'm sure you are aware that they were nice and stable in the Premier league and stayed in it for eight years until El Fraudo destroyed them and left them in the sorry state they've been in ever since.

Oh BTW Dave, you want to talk about destroying clubs? Well did you know Wigan Athletic, the club you disrespectfully refer to as the "dog and duck fc" were relegated back to league one yesterday? I'm sure you are aware that they were nice and stable in the Premier league and stayed in it for eight years until El Fraudo destroyed them and left them in the sorry state they've been in ever since.

Hahaha...so now Martinez who hasn't managed Wigan since spring of 2013 is responsible for them getting relegated to Leauge 1.

He won a trophy for that club. Far more than I can say for Moyes here.

Hahaha...so now Martinez who hasn't managed Wigan since spring of 2013 is responsible for them getting relegated to Leauge 1.

He won a trophy for that club. Far more than I can say for Moyes here.
Is he responsible for putting them on the path of self destruction that they've never recovered from? Yes, yes he is.

Moyes and Martinez have both relegated PL clubs. Thankfully, not us.

And with that, can we keep this thread to Martinez, Belgium Coach please?

At least that is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back