Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drank the koolaid for a long time, but he needed to go and really should have gone earlier to give Unsy a crack at that semi-final.
Koeman with his dour Dutch winning ways has been a breath of fresh air.
Thank god Moshiri came when he did else I don't think we could have got rid of the wafflemeister

He should really be a bit more intelligent with his television work; he has displeased RSCA with the statement on BT sport concerning Tielemans.

He should really be a bit more intelligent with his television work; he has displeased RSCA with the statement on BT sport concerning Tielemans.
Asked whether Tielemans can play in the PL he said yes. Doesn't mean he's advising him to.

Can't see the issue from Anderlechts perspective, who IIRC have already placed a price tag on him. Good publicity for them if they're looking to sell, which it appears they would be. A few weeks ago, btw, Martinez stated:

According to the coach, he does not have to leave at Anderlecht this summer. "He must always have a challenge, I think. And that should not be a transfer," said the coach of the player for which Anderlecht allegedly wanted 25 million euros.

Asked whether Tielemans can play in the PL he said yes. Doesn't mean he's advising him to.

Can't see the issue from Anderlechts perspective, who IIRC have already placed a price tag on him. Good publicity for them if they're looking to sell, which it appears they would be. A few weeks ago, btw, Martinez stated:

According to the coach, he does not have to leave at Anderlecht this summer. "He must always have a challenge, I think. And that should not be a transfer," said the coach of the player for which Anderlecht allegedly wanted 25 million euros.

Eh apparently he used the sentence "He must leave Belgium to progress" on BT sports. Not very smart when the Belgian Football Association is mauve mate.

They don't want to sell him, ideally they would like to keep him for another year but they agreed with him (Tielemans) that he can leave when a big offer comes in. He's the crowd favourite; they call him the prince of the Astridpark (the stadium). The fans adore him; in Belgium most players celebrate with the fans after the match and he's the one who goes into the crowd and leads the singing.

IMO he should wait a bit before going to the PL. Better to go to the French or German League. He's only 19, not as hectic and less pressure. Especially since he just had a child.

Eh apparently he used the sentence "He must leave Belgium to progress" on BT sports. Not very smart when the Belgian Football Association is mauve mate.

They don't want to sell him, ideally they would like to keep him for another year but they agreed with him (Tielemans) that he can leave when a big offer comes in. He's the crowd favourite; they call him the prince of the Astridpark (the stadium). The fans adore him; in Belgium most players celebrate with the fans after the match and he's the one who goes into the crowd and leads the singing.

IMO he should wait a bit before going to the PL. Better to go to the French or German League. He's only 19, not as hectic and less pressure. Especially since he just had a child.

http://sport.bt.com/video/martinez-tielemans-could-be-a-premier-league-star-91364173089127

It's clear from the clip he meant that he has to play in the PL in the future but that it isn't necessarily his next step.

Will be interesting to see what he'll do with Naingollan. He doesn't like him because he isn't a model professional. He drinks a lot, smokes a lot but he still performs. He frequents bars until 7 AM...

The day after playing Greece the police found him at 7 am in the morning, drunk behind the wheel of his car. He said he wasn't going to drive his car; this is plausible since he had two punctured tires.
Thats a proper footballer for me, get him signed

http://sport.bt.com/video/martinez-tielemans-could-be-a-premier-league-star-91364173089127

It's clear from the clip he meant that he has to play in the PL in the future but that it isn't necessarily his next step.

I can't watch that without a vpn mate (can't use one atm; because I need a stable internet connection because I'm processing some stuff). I'm relying on a newspaper article atm.

Thats a proper footballer for me, get him signed

He would snap Henderson in half.

I can't watch that without a vpn mate (can't use one atm; because I need a stable internet connection because I'm processing some stuff). I'm relying on a newspaper article atm.

He would snap Henderson in half.
Verbatim:

"[in answer to Michael Owen question "Is he good enough to play in the PL?"] what's going to be important is his next step. Clearly now he needs to move from Belgium. But the next step needs to be carefully planned. He's already involved in the national team. He should go somewhere where he carries on playing. Today you'll see him play as captain. It wouldn't be good to see him somewhere without a big role. Can he play in the PL? without a doubt. But he needs to be given a role of importance, otherwise it's a step backwards".

Overall you can see from that he thinks the Belgian league will constrict his development and will have to go to a bigger stage shortly. But for the most part it's hammering home a cautionary message that a step up too soon into the wrong club/league where his status might take a knock could set him back.

I think he's advising stick with Anderlecht for at least another season. That's my interpretation.

Verbatim:

"[in answer to Michael Owen question "Is he good enough to play in the PL?"] what's going to be important is his next step. Clearly now he needs to move from Belgium. But the next step needs to be carefully planned. He's already involved in the national team. He should go somewhere where he carries on playing. Today you'll see him play as captain. It wouldn't be good to see him somewhere without a big role. Can he play in the PL? without a doubt. But he needs to be given a role of importance, otherwise it's a step backwards".

Overall you can see from that he thinks the Belgian league will constrict his development and will have to go to a bigger stage shortly. But for the most part it's hammering home a cautionary message that a step up too soon into the wrong club/league where his status might take a knock could set him back.

I think he's advising stick with Anderlecht for at least another season. That's my interpretation.

Thanks for the verbatim mate.

Yeah he's better of staying /going to the French league/German League. Same with Dendoncker, no need to go to the PL too soon.

Koeman is still a billion times better than the charlatan. We could literally of picked a random fan out of the crowed each week to manage the team and they'd of done a better job then Martinez!

Koeman is still a billion times better than the charlatan. We could literally of picked a random fan out of the crowed each week to manage the team and they'd of done a better job then Martinez!

Is that what the league position and points tally is telling you mate?

We've just run up a Moyes season. 58 points with three games left.

Is that what the league position and points tally is telling you mate?

We've just run up a Moyes season. 58 points with three games left.
No it's what my eyes told me after watching two years of dross compared directly to what I've watched this season. It's also based on the fact that Koeman hasn't relegated anyone but ye I know the drill mate. 72 points bla bla bla. Change the record, it's boring for everyone now. Martinez is a clown and everyone with eyes to see and even the slightest knowledge of the game, that isn't blinded by a bizarre obsession like knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back