Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton Premier League managers.

Martinez best season: 72 points
Moyes best season: 65 points
Smith best season: 50 points
HKIII best season: 43 points
Royle best season: 61 points
HKII best season: 53 points
Harvey best season: 70 points

Read it and weep.

I was crying in 2015/2016, believe me. In that season Roberto Martinez won five league games at Goodison Park.

Care to guess the only other Everton manager in the history of our proud club who can equal this record? Plumbing the depths to such horrific levels?

Yes indeed, it was Mike Walker, 1993 / 1994, where he also won five home games in the league.

I was crying in 2015/2016, believe me. In that season Roberto Martinez won five league games at Goodison Park.

Care to guess the only other Everton manager in the history of our proud club who can equal this record? Plumbing the depths to such horrific levels?

Yes indeed, it was Mike Walker, 1993 / 1994, where he also won five home games in the league.

The thing is Walker didn't have a whole season in charge.He was appointed manager in January of that season.Martinez's dismal 5 home wins covered an entire season.

Read it but I remembered 44 points when he was sacked.

Premier League did not last for 1 season. What had he done between 2014-2016?

He lost 8 at home last season which was a record too.

How well you are doing is counted by league position not points. 72 = 5th. Weep.

Ha Ha. Are you sure you've got the hang of this mate?

Were you crying in 2013/14? What was your dominant emotion then?

The thing is Walker didn't have a whole season in charge.He was appointed manager in January of that season.Martinez's dismal 5 home wins covered an entire season.
That's true mate, and a lot of people have Martinez down as being worse than Walker in context. Personally I'd put Martinez marginally ahead, but I guess it's essentially meaningless to try and compare catastrophes.

Everton Premier League managers.

Martinez best season: 72 points
Moyes best season: 65 points
Smith best season: 50 points
HKIII best season: 43 points
Royle best season: 61 points
HKII best season: 53 points
Harvey best season: 70 points

Read it and weep.

Joe Royle won a trophy as Everton manager and he also never lost to Liverpool.Are you seriously suggesting that the spanish Frank Spencer was a better Everton manager than Joe Royle?You see Martinez has the imaginary 72 points trophy while Joe Royle won an actual trophy.I think you are having another Walter Mitty moment Davek.;)

That's true mate, and a lot of people have Martinez down as being worse than Walker in context. Personally I'd put Martinez marginally ahead, but I guess it's essentially meaningless to try and compare catastrophes.

Martinez was a better manager than Walker.But i think it's hilarious that you can put out the spin that Martinez was a worse manager if you so wish to do so.

Lol.

He lost 18 out of 31 games mate.

How on earth does that compare to a manager who lost 43 out of 143?

Laughing here at the forlorn attempt to drag the club's PL season points record holder down to the Smith/Walker level.

The bitterness must be blocking out the blood to the brain.

Come back when the Dutch lad breaks through the "Roberto 70+ point threshold".

Joe Royle won a trophy as Everton manager and he also never lost to Liverpool.Are you seriously suggesting that the spanish Frank Spencer was a better Everton manager than Joe Royle?You see Martinez has the imaginary 72 points trophy while Joe Royle won an actual trophy.I think you are having another Walter Mitty moment Davek.;)
No one respects Big Joe more than me. He was better Everton manager than Roberto for sure because of that trophy. But that still does not make him a better PL manager than him.

Facts are facts, I'm afraid.

Lol.

He lost 18 out of 31 games mate.

How on earth does that compare to a manager who lost 43 out of 143?

Laughing here at the forlorn attempt to drag the club's PL season points record holder down to the Smith/Walker level.

The bitterness must be blocking out the blood to the brain.

Come back when the Dutch lad breaks through the "Roberto 70+ point threshold".

Good god man Martinez's second and third seasons was Smith/Walker level.He dragged himself down to their level all by himself.:hayee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back