Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
The unexpected good first season and the purchase of Lukaku was RM's two positive legacy at the club even I think the cons were much more than pros.

That's fair enough.

Reports of our demise under him are greatly exaggerated though. As I said, could have been bad but at the end of the day it was barely a blip. All it took was one season to get us back to where we were in his first season/before he came here.

That's fair enough.

Reports of our demise under him are greatly exaggerated though. As I said, could have been bad but at the end of the day it was barely a blip. All it took was one season to get us back to where we were in his first season/before he came here.

Tell you the difference between Martinez and Koeman. Koeman is a "proper" manager.

One fluke season and two seasons of massive dross in which we won twelve home league games out of a possible thirty-seven. He made going the match a misery with his incompetence and stupidity.

I know, I was there!

The first season was fun whether you claim it was a fluke or not. It was an enjoyable season where we put some ghosts to rest (Not winning at Old Trafford for example, actually not rolling over for the "big" clubs etc). I don't give a toss if it was a "fluke" or not, it was a decent season.

He has been gone for a year though and we are back to where we were before he arrived so why keep moaning about him and acing like he destroyed the club or something? I don't understand what your endgame is here?

Tell you the difference between Martinez and Koeman. Koeman is a "proper" manager.

I'll wait until he has been here the requisite amount of time to make that decisions. To do otherwise would be daft and repeating history.

He is doing alright so far. Maybe it's a "fluke" season though eh?

I know, I was there!

The first season was fun whether you claim it was a fluke or not. It was an enjoyable season where we put some ghosts to rest (Not winning at Old Trafford for example, actually not rolling over for the "big" clubs etc). I don't give a toss if it was a "fluke" or not, it was a decent season.

He has been gone for a year though and we are back to where we were before he arrived so why keep moaning about him and acing like he destroyed the club or something? I don't understand what your endgame is here?

I deem some posters are not particularly targeting Martinez, we are just giving a balanced view which is contradicted to the unreal, consistent phrasing of RM from dave? Perhaps...

I know, I was there!

I can't understand why your perusing the argument with me then? I can't stand the guy and I think he's one of the worst managers to ever darken the doors of Goodison. I wish him nothing but PROFESSIONAL misfortune for the rest of his career. There is no endgame as you put it. I'm simply calling out this charlatan for the fraud he is. I'm admittedly slightly OTT but as @hktoffee said that's more to balance the nonsense posted by Dave.

I'll wait until he has been here the requisite amount of time to make that decisions. To do otherwise would be daft and repeating history.

He is doing alright so far. Maybe it's a "fluke" season though eh?

I guess it's some kind of subjective instinct. I don't like RM before he came here. RK had good records at Soton and is a magnificent name in football. And he does not talk rubbish...is ruthless and pragmatic. I do like him even he is similar to Moyes (the Everton one of course).

I can't understand why your perusing the argument with me then? I can't stand the guy and I think he's one of the worst managers to ever darken the doors of Goodison. I wish him nothing but PROFESSIONAL misfortune for the rest of his career. There is no endgame as you put it. I'm simply calling out this charlatan for the fraud he is. I'm admittedly slightly OTT but as @hktoffee said that's more to balance the nonsense posted by Dave.

Yeah maybe. I reckon you are falling into his trap there to be honest....

Anyway we are going round in circles and we will never agree on this. I do enjoy debating the topic with you Mikeh and hktoffee because it is civilized discussion at least without getting angry or anything.

Lets face it we will no doubt revisit it again!

Probably when he wins the World Cup.

Anyway we are going round in circles and we will never agree on this. I do enjoy debating the topic with you Mikeh and hktoffee because it is civilized discussion at least without getting angry or anything.

Agreed mate (Not about the world cup obviously!), best leave it here for now.;)

A big if of course. If he somehow wins the WC that will still not doing him justice for his tenure at Everton though. Maybe that will prove he is a v good cup manager who can't hack it in the league level.

A big if of course. If he somehow wins the WC that will still not doing him justice for his tenure at Everton though. Maybe that will prove he is a v good cup manager who can't hack it in the league level.

Hey you never know!

I think International management suits his "style" perfectly actually. Doesn't get the chance to poison the minds of the players (for want of a better term) yet is not afraid to attack the opponents.

International football is a massive con anyway.

Lol...amazing how some will just not let it go and refuse to give Martinez any credit whatsoever.

It's so weird to me.

Did he ultimately fail? Yes and he was sacked for it. The need for some to make it out to be like the worst 3 seasons in our history is so weird though...and they are compelled to respond and keep shouting it. Refusing to accept anything positive...or completely ignoring it.

He's litterally in some of your heads and it's not healthy.

Lol...amazing how some will just not let it go and refuse to give Martinez any credit whatsoever.

It's so weird to me.

Did he ultimately fail? Yes and he was sacked for it. The need for some to make it out to be like the worst 3 seasons in our history is so weird though...and they are compelled to respond and keep shouting it. Refusing to accept anything positive...or completely ignoring it.

He's litterally in some of your heads and it's not healthy.

Spot on.

Who cares, lets stand by and laugh, whilst he destroys Belgium lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back