Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not incorrect either.

Comparing Moyes and Martinez by embarrassing European defeats really is not the way forward.

Actually comparing them full stop is a bit odd.

They are both losers.
Possibly so but one made a long term positive impact here (even if he long outstayed his welcome) the other left nothing but a lot of blues wishing he'd never darkened the doors of Goodison to being with.

Possibly so but one made a long term positive impact here (even if he long outstayed his welcome) the other left nothing but a lot of blues wishing he'd never darkened the doors of Goodison to being with.

Both of them left us without winning a jot.

Martinez did leave us with some very highly rated players to be fair, the idea that he did nothing positive at all is just ridiculous and petty.

Both of them left us without winning a jot.

Martinez did leave us with some very highly rated players to be fair, the idea that he did nothing positive at all is just ridiculous and petty.
Without Moyes we'd of continued our inevitable slide towards relegation. We were in the position Aston Villa have been for the last few season. Moyes was the difference, he steadied the ship got the club back on its feet and gave us our pride back after over a decades worth of humiliation and worry. He was the right man at the right time and only a fool would deny it. Again I'll say it, he overstayed his run here by about four years but that takes nothing away from the first seven which wasn't about winning trophys but stopping the rot and building the club back up. He should of gone at the end of 08-09.

Martinez came here to allegedly take us to the next level and he set us back years. It doesn't matter if he brought some good players in, because they didn't do anything during his tenure worth talking about. Its not ridiculous and petty its simple fact that he damaged the club during his tenure and left hardly any positive marks.

Without Moyes we'd of continued our inevitable slide towards relegation. We were in the position Aston Villa have been for the last few season. Moyes was the difference, he steadied the ship got the club back on its feet and gave us our pride back after over a decades worth of humiliation and worry. He was the right man at the right time and only a fool would deny it. Again I'll say it, he overstayed his run here by about four years but that takes nothing away from the first seven which wasn't about winning trophys but stopping the rot and building the club back up. He should of gone at the end of 08-09.

Martinez came here to allegedly take us to the next level and he set us back years. It doesn't matter if he brought some good players in, because they didn't do anything during his tenure worth talking about. Its not ridiculous and petty its simple fact that he damaged the club during his tenure and left hardly any positive marks.

No it is petty. You can give someone a bit of praise whilst still wanting them gone from the club.

I was never a massive Moyes fan (didn't dislike him or anything until he left) but can rightly give him some praise for what he did for us at the same time.

Remember when we were 2-0 up with 10 men against West Ham with 10 minutes to go and then he subbed a midfielder for a striker and we lost 3-2?

I remember our world class striker missing a penalty to make it 3-0 and killing the game.

At least I think I do. All those games seem to meld into one these days.

Remember when he brought Mirallas on in the FA Cup semi after Martial had just scored with the last kick of the game?

Hmmm...I remember a missed penalty there too....

To be honest I don't get your point with this one. That is a perfectly normal reaction to what happened.

I remember the players not bothering first half, a bunch of missed chances and a defence crumbling when we needed them most like we have had for the past 10-15 years.

Poor mentality that. Doesn't matter who you have in charge, the same players will give the same result. I'm really hoping Koeman goes nuts this summer with changes.

Hmmm...I remember a missed penalty there too....

To be honest I don't get your point with this one. That is a perfectly normal reaction to what happened.

I remember the players not bothering first half, a bunch of missed chances and a defence crumbling when we needed them most like we have had for the past 10-15 years.

Poor mentality that. Doesn't matter who you have in charge, the same players will give the same result. I'm really hoping Koeman goes nuts this summer with changes.

The missed penalty had no effect on that game. We equalised about 5 minutes later anyway. And no it's not normal to wait until the game is literally over, I think he'd just lost the plot, he knew Mirallas wasn't getting a kick.

I agree about the mentality of the squad, but it was his own squad that he'd moulded and his own mentality had rubbed off on them. It wasn't a coincidence that we couldn't defend and were devoid of ideas to break teams down under him. A chunk of that squad have been binned off already and there's just a few left to see out the door come the summer, thank god.

The missed penalty had no effect on that game. We equalised about 5 minutes later anyway. And no it's not normal to wait until the game is literally over, I think he'd just lost the plot, he knew Mirallas wasn't getting a kick.

I agree about the mentality of the squad, but it was his own squad that he'd moulded and his own mentality had rubbed off on them. It wasn't a coincidence that we couldn't defend and were devoid of ideas to break teams down under him. A chunk of that squad have been binned off already and there's just a few left to see out the door come the summer, thank god.

The game was 1-1 and going to extra time. Why would he have made the change before the goal went in? It's a strange thing to pull someone up for.

That mentality has been at the club for years, it wasn't just a Martinez thing. the amount of times we have looked like pushing on only to fail in spectacular fashion is ridiculous. We never win the big games. The derby semi final summed up the squad mentality more than anything.

The game was 1-1 and going to extra time. Why would he have made the change before the goal went in? It's a strange thing to pull someone up for.

That mentality has been at the club for years, it wasn't just a Martinez thing. the amount of times we have looked like pushing on only to fail in spectacular fashion is ridiculous. We never win the big games. The derby semi final summed up the squad mentality more than anything.

Why would you make a change when the game is over though? Isn't the point of a sub to try and affect the game, how can you do that when there is no game to affect? The whistle blew pretty much as soon as it kicked off, you can defend him for whatever you want but that was just a very, very weird thing to do, and proper humiliating for Mirallas.

Why would you make a change when the game is over though? Isn't the point of a sub to try and affect the game, how can you do that when there is no game to affect? The whistle blew pretty much as soon as it kicked off, you can defend him for whatever you want but that was just a very, very weird thing to do, and proper humiliating for Mirallas.

We may have won a free kick and he can hit them (sometimes).

I honestly don't get the issue.

No it is petty. You can give someone a bit of praise whilst still wanting them gone from the club.

I was never a massive Moyes fan (didn't dislike him or anything until he left) but can rightly give him some praise for what he did for us at the same time.

From HK mark3 and Walter Smith to Moyes. I deem Moyes was the right man to take Everton out of trouble at the right time. Steady the ship if you call it, turning the club to the so-called best of the rest. If not, I believe we could see relegation. He had an eye to buy good players and made profit. Lescott, Arteta, Fellaini, Stones...adding small sum signings who were magnificent players like Cahill and Pienaar.

Martinez, on the other hand had not got enough ability to do the job he was required to do. Had he maintain similar standard to Moyes, league wise, he would not get the sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back