Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it is petty. You can give someone a bit of praise whilst still wanting them gone from the club.

I was never a massive Moyes fan (didn't dislike him or anything until he left) but can rightly give him some praise for what he did for us at the same time.
It's not petty at all. I give managers credit for having a positive impact on the club. Moyes did so I do give him credit, Martinez didn't so I dont give him credit. Simple as that.

It's not petty at all. I give managers credit for having a positive impact on the club. Moyes did so I do give him credit, Martinez didn't so I dont give him credit. Simple as that.

No its absolutely petty to claim that he has zero impact at all. He (somehow) made Stones a 50M player. Brought in Holgate and Galloway who should/could be staples of the club for years (jury is out on Galloway) and got us into Europe again. He also brought in the best striker we have seen at the club for years.

It was a shambles at the end of course it was and he was rightfully sacked but to say he had no positive impact at all is just one eyed hatred.

I hate Mike Walker, he was proper rubbish, what I will say about him as he brought Limpar, Parkinson and Ferguson to the club. Still doesn't mean I cant dislike the bloke but I would be daft to not mention the small amount of good things he did too.

No its absolutely petty to claim that he has zero impact at all. He (somehow) made Stones a 50M player. Brought in Holgate and Galloway who should/could be staples of the club for years (jury is out on Galloway) and got us into Europe again. He also brought in the best striker we have seen at the club for years.

It was a shambles at the end of course it was and he was rightfully sacked but to say he had no positive impact at all is just one eyed hatred.

I hate Mike Walker, he was proper rubbish, what I will say about him as he brought Limpar, Parkinson and Ferguson to the club. Still doesn't mean I cant dislike the bloke but I would be daft to not mention the small amount of good things he did too.
Oh he had an impact at the club alright Just an overwhelmingly negative one with a few sprinkles of positive. Good comparison with Mike Walker btw because he's one of the only managers in the club's history who can rival Martinez in terms of stupidity and long term negative impact. Martinez is most definitely in the top three or four. I don't know much about the two managers who oversaw relegations for this club so I can't really say how bad they were but looking at what happend to the club under their stewardship speaks for itself. After them and Walker Martinez is the worst. You'll have to forgive me for not finding an awfully lot of good things to say about one of the worst managers in this clubs 139 year history.

...why??

Those players took the absolute piss out of us that day.

Because what was the point of playing him for 30 seconds in a semi while RM also left Kev on the bench most of the time in the league matches when he played Cleverley and Kone at LM instead.

That's how bloody awful RM selection was.

Oh he had an impact at the club alright Just an overwhelmingly negative one with a few sprinkles of positive. Good comparison with Mike Walker btw because he's one of the only managers in the club's history who can rival Martinez in terms of stupidity and long term negative impact. Martinez is most definitely in the top three or four. I don't know much about the two managers who oversaw relegations for this club so I can't really say how bad they were but looking at what happend to the club under their stewardship speaks for itself. After them and Walker Martinez is the worst. You'll have to forgive me for not finding an awfully lot of good things to say about one of the worst managers in this clubs 139 year history.

Its a massive overreaction though.

It COULD have been bad. But at the end of the day he was jibbed off and after one season we are back to where we were, competing for the best of the rest.

I would say his negative impact was negligible really purely because our lot has not changed. One good season, two mid table finishes, some rubbish games and some decent signings (and some bad ones) before being disposed of at the right time.

It's a massive meh from me.

Because what was the point of playing him for 30 seconds in a semi while RM also left Kev on the bench most of the time in the league matches when he played Cleverley and Kone at LM instead.

That's how bloody awful RM selection was.

Because the game had changed before that! Its really not that hard to grasp. There was no need to bring him on at 1-1, the game changes to 2-1 but too late to do anything about it but you may as well get someone on who can do something on the off chance that the ref plays a bit more time.

There are lots to have a go at Martinez over, this one is just utterly bizarre.

Its a massive overreaction though.

It COULD have been bad. But at the end of the day he was jibbed off and after one season we are back to where we were, competing for the best of the rest.

I would say his negative impact was negligible really purely because our lot has not changed. One good season, two mid table finishes, some rubbish games and some decent signings (and some bad ones) before being disposed of at the right time.

It's a massive meh from me.
One fluke season and two seasons of massive dross in which we won twelve home league games out of a possible thirty-seven. He made going the match a misery with his incompetence and stupidity.

The unexpected good first season and the purchase of Lukaku was RM's two positive legacy at the club even I think the cons were much more than pros.

Because the game had changed before that! Its really not that hard to grasp. There was no need to bring him on at 1-1, the game changes to 2-1 but too late to do anything about it but you may as well get someone on who can do something on the off chance that the ref plays a bit more time.

It's not even having a go, it's just laughing at him. Utterly clueless biff.

It's opinion but to play Cleverley ahead of Mirallas was a bad selection in particular he had no intention of bringing Kev on after 70 mins. He did bring Del boy on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back