Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh betty we've blown a 3-1 lead by conceding two goals in injury time yet again.Thank god the Frank Spencer years at Everton are over!

Ooh Betty ..." is not Frank's only catchphrase of the series. Others include a quavering "Oooh ...", usually uttered with his forefinger to his mouth as he stands amidst the chaos of some disaster he has just caused

The above was from Frank Spencers wikipedia entry.I think a quavering Oooh was heard coming out of Martinez's mouth on numerous occasions before he was eventually put of his misery.lol

Yep. Definitely better to watch a man fail than beating Arsenal 3-0 at Goodison making everyone feel like we had a legit chance at CL. Or beating Moyes' United at Old Trafford.

Definitely a better moment. Sad!
After two years of utter dross, hating going the match and atually considering not renewing my season ticket it was that bad (something that I've never even considered before)? Yes mate it was better then any of the wins you mentioned.

BTW, nobody wanted Martinez to fail. I was desperate right until the end for him to prove me wrong but I knew he wasn't going to because he's a joke. That's why that moment when he finally went was so brilliant. For the first time in a long time we could actually look forward to something rather then just wait for yet another defeat with the painful acceptance that hung over Goodison during the latter part of 14-15 and all of 15-16.

BTW, nobody wanted Martinez to fail. I was desperate right until the end for him to prove me wrong but I knew he wasn't going to because he's a joke. That's why that moment when he finally went was so brilliant. For the first time in a long time we could actually look forward to something rather then just wait for yet another defeat with the painful acceptance that hung over Goodison during the latter part of 14-15 and all of 15-16.

It wasn't "all of 15-16".

There were some rollicking great home games even though we lost, versus Stoke and Leicester, and thumping victories against Chelsea, Sunderland and Villa.

And I recall a very entertaining drawn game with Palace which saw attack in wave after exhilarating wave.....and a very good draw with Spurs.

The rot set in with the Swansea game and the first 75 minutes of the Hammers game and the Chelsea cup tie aside, going the game in the final few months of that season became painful.

But it was most definitely not the whole season.

There were some rollicking great home games even though we lost, versus Stoke and Leicester, and thumping victories against Chelsea, Sunderland and Villa.

And I recall a very entertaining drawn game with Palace which saw attack in wave after exhilarating wave.....and a very good draw with Spurs.

The rot set in with the Swansea game and the first 75 minutes of the Hammers game and the Chelsea cup tie aside, going the game in the final few months of that season became painful.

Are you actually having a laugh? "some rollicking home games" we won SIX home league games all season and only FIVE of them were under Martinez! Let's talk about those five home wins shall we? Bournemouth was terrible and we were lucky in the end to nick the 2-1 in what proved to be thankfully the final home game of the frauds time here, Newcastle was abysmal the game was a painful slog and it was only with the help of two late pens that it made the scoreline sound better then it was. Villa was a 4-0 derserved win, clap clap clap for Roberto we managed to beat a team that practically everyone beat last season! The Chelsea game? An inspired one man showing from Naismith when they were falling apart and the 6-2 against Sunderland during which Kone scored a hattrick thus showing just how poor Sunderland were on the day and to take any gloss of that day, Martinez goes and gives Kone a years extention based on one single match! The man is borderline certifiable! I suppose we can also throw in the 2-0 FA cup home win against Chelsea which was actually an awful game settled with a moment of magic from Rom.

You expect me to guve him credit for enjoyable home defeats? GTF! The 4-3 defeat against Stoke, the 3-2 against West Ham and the 3-2 against Leicester were an embarrassment to the club all to pacify the ego of the charlatan and his obsession with his philosophy. I was as angry about those defeats as I've been about any home league defeats in years. They were a joke and the managers tactics were directly responsible or us losing all three of them.

Are you actually having a laugh? "some rollicking home games" we won SIX home league games all season and only FIVE of them were under Martinez! Let's talk about those five home wins shall we? Bournemouth was terrible and we were lucky in the end to nick the 2-1 in what proved to be thankfully the final home game of the frauds time here, Newcastle was abysmal the game was a painful slog and it was only with the help of two late pens that it made the scoreline sound better then it was. Villa was a 4-0 derserved win, clap clap clap for Roberto we managed to beat a team that practically everyone beat last season! The Chelsea game? An inspired one man showing from Naismith when they were falling apart and the 6-2 against Sunderland during which Kone scored a hattrick thus showing just how poor Sunderland were on the day and to take any gloss of that day, Martinez goes and gives Kone a years extention based on one single match! The man is borderline certifiable! I suppose we can also throw in the 2-0 FA cup home win against Chelsea which was actually an awful game settled with a moment of magic from Rom.

You expect me to guve him credit for enjoyable home defeats? GTF! The 4-3 defeat against Stoke, the 3-2 against West Ham and the 3-2 against Leicester were an embarrassment to the club all to pacify the ego of the charlatan and his obsession with his philosophy. I was as angry about those defeats as I've been about any home league defeats in years. They were a joke and the managers tactics were directly responsible or us losing all three of them.

Nope.

I am stating a true fact.

(I just read the highlighted pat of that diatribe......I just know the rest is an attempt to re-write the history of the 2015/16 season)

No sir, the first few months of that season of that season was not as bad as boys like yourself would try and bully the rest of us into thinking.

Some very entertaining games and some great victories.

And you must have too much time on your hands if you go to all that trouble to try and convince yourself otherwise :)

Nope.

(I just read the highlighted pat of that diatribe......I just know the rest is an attempt to re-write the history of the 2015/16 season)

No sir, the first few months of that season of that season was not as bad as boys like yourself would try and bully the rest of us into thinking.

And you must have too much time on your hands if you go to all that trouble to try and convince yourself otherwise :)
No rewriting of history at all as you'd of seen if you'd bothered to read it properly. It is a FACT that we only won five home league games under Martinez during 2015-16. It is a FACT that you gain zero points from a defeat no matter how "entertaining" the match was. It is a FACT that we won only 11 (ELEVEN!!!) League games all season during 15-16 and one of them was after Martinez got the boot. Deluded yourself all you like mate but spare me the nonsense argument that it was good at any point because it wasn't. I'm afraid it's you who is trying to rewrite history but the FACTS prove you to be wrong. I see you had to bring insults into the argument with your silly little knock about having to much free time, obviously a sign that you don't have any substantial arguments left to give. Enjoy your day pal and keep your delusion going.:)

:Blink::Blink::Blink:

Nope.

I strongly suggest reading the rest of what the lad's written, Khal. Out of respect, if nothing else.

Plus he's got very valid points, and is not trying to rewrite history at all, literally stating facts.

Nope.

Won 5 at home last season. 5 out of 18.

Won 12 in 37 in two seasons at home. I don't find it enteraining when Everton lost to some crap teams at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back