Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd swerve that and sack him as soon as he qualifies.

He's well liked because he visits every club in the country and pops up at every big event in Belgium, so I don't think they'll do that mate. National coach is a bit like a PR job it seems. Maybe he'll surprise; he was always quite good at cup competitions. It helps that all his predecessors were extremely average coaches so it's easy to look better than them. He can't possibly do worse than Wilmots (who's in the process of ruining Ivory Coast atm). On top of that the Belgian FA doesn't have a lot of money so it's quite difficult to get a top one.

I'm not even sure that he'll agree to an extension, according to him he has turned down multiple club offers (also PL), and the Belgium job has quite a small salary.

He's well liked because he visits every club in the country and pops up at every big event in Belgium, so I don't think they'll do that mate. National coach is a bit like a PR job it seems. Maybe he'll surprise; he was always quite good at cup competitions. It helps that all his predecessors were extremely average coaches so it's easy to look better than them. He can't possibly do worse than Wilmots (who's in the process of ruining Ivory Coast atm). On top of that the Belgian FA doesn't have a lot of money so it's quite difficult to get a top one.

I'm not even sure that he'll agree to an extension, according to him he has turned down multiple club offers (also PL), and the Belgium job has quite a small salary.

" according to him, he's turned down multiple club offers ( also PL ) "

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

I think he will do well as a national team manager.

Tbf it hasn't; it's a bit of side issue atm. Lukaku complimented Martinez today; and the technical director of the FA said they will talk about a new contract when he qualifies (He needs one point in three games).

It's mirroring his start with us, brilliant beginning, gets a bumper contract with extension and pay rise, and then, well, we all know how grim his last 2 years were.

Who's need the money when one got £10m plus for being sacked. Thanks Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back