Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy for him mate. He's a nice bloke, shame he can't organise a defence and doesn't believe in corners though.
He dosn't have to at Belgium and Madrd. They have players with nous and a bit of pride to be able to organise themselves. Unlike the bellends he had here.

He has good intentions. He just didn't succeed here.

Koeman is still worse for me though.
Been said before but Roberto's biggest failure was Koeman - he became John the Baptist to a casey-headed Dutch Tory who didn't care. By making Goodison a laughing stock, ending his tenure in such abject pusillanimity, Martinez buried any chance of a legacy. The squad was so out of shape, so unmotivated, and so bereft of any tactical leadership that Moshiri axed him (as he had to) but then lurched to the right.
In hindsight we can say that Koeman was a horrible choice, but Roberto's bluffing had gotten out of hand by that point so a reactionary appointment was inevitable.

Yeah, right. You'd be sweating like a glass blower's arse worrying he'd win the EC.

I can smell the fear from all 4 of El Gaffer's remaining detractors.
Really? You honesty reckon people care that much? You do realise that the only reason people still make the odd snarky post about Martinez anymore is to get a reaction out of you, don't you? Surely you can see it. After all you're guilty of doing the exact same thing but in reverse. I don't doubt that you rate Martinez highly but I also don't believe even for a second that you're so fanatically blind to all his faults or as creepily devoted as you pretend to be.

Really? You honesty reckon people care that much? You do realise that the only reason people still make the odd snarky post about Martinez anymore is to get a reaction out of you, don't you? Surely you can see it. After all you're guilty of doing the exact same thing but in reverse. I don't doubt that you rate Martinez highly but I also don't believe even for a second that you're so fanatically blind to all his faults or as creepily devoted as you pretend to be.
Take a look at the thread title. It's a thread about RM's time at Belgium, and it was created by others, not me.

Anyway, it'll probably be superseded soon when the "Martinez New Real Madrid Manager" thread is created.

I think he'd be stupid to take it, but as mentioned above not many say no.

Madrid's problem is a lot of their top players are at the wrong age.

Ramos doesnt look the same, Modric whilst quality is getting on, Ronaldo has left, Marcelo is in his 30s now - couple that with a few players who just aren't that good i.e. Benzema - ive never rated him, ever.

The squad needs a rebuild and i dont think Roberto is the man to do it.

Take a look at the thread title. It's a thread about RM's time at Belgium, and it was created by others, not me.
This thread was originally created for that purpose (no doubt in a vain attempt to keep your endless Martinez posts to a single thread) but its long since fallen by the wayside. It would hardly ever get any traffic at all were it not for your game of cat and mouse.
Anyway, it'll probably be superseded soon when the "Martinez New Real Madrid Manager" thread is created.
So that means you'll have another thread to wage your imaginary war in then? One for his new job and this one to take endless swipes at whoever replaces him as the Belgium boss......

Think he'd do alright there tbh, but as Groucho has said, he doesn't really have a cv that says he should have managed the best team in Britain, the best international team and the best team in the world.

Lopetegui was, like 'El Gaffer', a failure in club football having been booted unceremoniously out of Porto before somehow landing the Spanish job.

Having appointed a manager on the basis of his record in international football - Played 20, won 14, lost none (coincidentally, his 1st game was a 2-0 win of Martinez 's Belgium) surely not even Real would make the same mistake again?

Even if he does get this job all it proves is that he’s good at interviews.

Aside from one decent season (that had a slow start and disappointing end), he’s won an FA Cup and been relegated.

Big wow.

To be fair that's more than anyone else would have got out of the teams he has managed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back