Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pochettino...0 trophies
'El Gaffer'....1 trophy.

One's a serial loser, the other's a tactical genius who took a bunch of no-hopers to the WC semis, won the FA Cup with a pub team, single-handedly saved Swansea from total oblivion, and, as a qualified physio, created the fittest and most motivated Everton team I've ever witnessed, only to be undermined by Capt Jags, snake-in-the-grass Baines, and the Carpetbagger.

I know which one I'd choose.
Baines and Jagielka: the Lady Macbeth and Macbeth of Merseyside.

It's not in my mind though, it's in the media.

Just accept he's a very very good coach and that top teams will see that and want him. Unlike all the other puddings sitting in an Everton dugout of recent years.
If he was that good then why were we crap for 2 seasons after the first one?

Pochettino...0 trophies
'El Gaffer'....1 trophy.

One's a serial loser, the other's a tactical genius who took a bunch of no-hopers to the WC semis, won the FA Cup with a pub team, single-handedly saved Swansea from total oblivion, and, as a qualified physio, created the fittest and most motivated Everton team I've ever witnessed, only to be undermined by Capt Jags, snake-in-the-grass Baines, and the Carpetbagger.

Poch it is then for Real after that mish-mash of revisionist twaddle.

Or...amongst other things, do you forget when the only sound from FF was the sound of hammies twanging like the it was the massed band of the hillbilly banjo players all hitting wrong notes.

I'll give Bob this though IF he does get an interview, hes got to be in with a chance with his suave BS

Last edited:
Pochettino...0 trophies
'El Gaffer'....1 trophy.

got to be on the wind up here!

the fittest and most motivated everton team for a start he literally did no fitness training in the summer hoping it would come naturally by the end of the season so that wrong

Belgium are probarbly the most naturally talented side in the world at the moment anyone could have done as well as him

took over Wigan who were a mid table team and relegated them, albeit with a trophy but im certain if hed have stayed wed have gone down too

the fittest and most motivated everton team for a start he literally did no fitness training in the summer hoping it would come naturally by the end of the season so that wrong

Belgium are probarbly the most naturally talented side in the world at the moment anyone could have done as well as him

took over Wigan who were a mid table team and relegated them, albeit with a trophy but im certain if hed have stayed wed have gone down too
Ha Ha Ha Ha.

You just cant accept it can you?

Let me spell it out again:

Everyone in world football besides a handful of bitter refuseniks on this forum see Roberto Martinez for what he is: a very very good tactical coach who has got success in every place he's been employed at - including here with his record breaking first season. That's what they see: the FIFA short-listed, Madrid-short-listed Catalan coach.

In short: SURRENDER. YOU LOST THE WAR.

Ha Ha Ha Ha.

You just cant accept it can you?

Let me spell it out again:

Everyone in world football besides a handful of bitter refuseniks on this forum see Roberto Martinez for what he is: a very very good tactical coach who has got success in every place he's been employed at - including here with his record breaking first season. That's what they see: the FIFA short-listed, Madrid-short-listed Catalan coach.

In short: SURRENDER. YOU LOST THE WAR.

he hasnt got the job yet, and ill still carry on the fight even if he does once hes finished 9th for real after dropping Benzema for Kone and putting alcaraz next to ramos at CB

Never forget. Newcastle 3 Everton 2.

Robles

Coleman Alcaraz Distin Garbutt

McCarthy Barry Baines

Etoo Kone McGeady

Bench: Lukaku Barkley Mirallas Besic Oviedo

The absolute state of that selection given the players he had fit.

This was our fourth loss in five matches, the kind of runs that became all too common. Hala Madrid though. He’ll be the stooge who keeps the seat warm for the manager they really want (Pochettino, Sarri maybe Mourinho again). They’re looking for a jovial caretaker who won’t rustle any feathers and will allow the big egos in the dressing room to do what they want. Step forward el fraudo.

I remember we had tons of injuries. Besic and McCarthy didn't have one injury-free season. And Barkley and Lukaku both gained weight.
Never forget. Newcastle 3 Everton 2.

Robles

Coleman Alcaraz Distin Garbutt

McCarthy Barry Baines

Etoo Kone McGeady

Bench: Lukaku Barkley Mirallas Besic Oviedo
Dear G-d, I can understand benching Kev as he does have an attitude problem and is inconsistent, but Barkley AND Lukaku?

Master sleuth @davek 's tireless investigative work first brought to light the back-stabbing treacherous tendencies of Capt Jags and Bainesy...at first I questioned the veracity of these claims, and thought Osman must have grassed them up. The corroboration you provide therein your post has convinced me that Capt Jags and Bainesy are two very bad eggs..as is the Caledonian galoot, who reportedly always placed training cones in positions that undermined Bobby's defensive skills training. And as for the carpet-bagger of Persia...don't even get me started...

I didn't know about that but, yes, it all makes sense now.

There were a few others who undermined 'El Gaffer' as well, including our former Head of Medicine who left after several bust ups with 'I'm a qualified physio' Martinez about players' fitness. He then set up his own gym where some of our players used to sneak off to, Baines being one of them, where they probably spent their time hatching new plots against 'El Gaffer'. No wonder we were so unfit!

And guess what? That former head of Medicine is now back working for Everton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back