Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never forget. Newcastle 3 Everton 2.

Robles

Coleman Alcaraz Distin Garbutt

McCarthy Barry Baines

Etoo Kone McGeady

Bench: Lukaku Barkley Mirallas Besic Oviedo

The absolute state of that selection given the players he had fit.

This was our fourth loss in five matches, the kind of runs that became all too common. Hala Madrid though. He’ll be the stooge who keeps the seat warm for the manager they really want (Pochettino, Sarri maybe Mourinho again). They’re looking for a jovial caretaker who won’t rustle any feathers and will allow the big egos in the dressing room to do what they want. Step forward el fraudo.
Bogus example. The players had given up by then. We all knew it. They couldn't progress and we never had the type of cash we have now to get shut of them so that explains the down turn under Martinez.

How can anyone doubt Martinez's credentials to get results when they are there for all to see. They'd rather think that the cowrds and half-wits who populataed Everton's team back then were let down by the manager....the manager who';s gone on to bigger and better things while the players are still failing elsewhere or sitting on the bench at Goodison.

Lol.

Bogus example. The players had given up by then. We all knew it. They couldn't progress and we never had the type of cash we have now to get shut of them so that explains the down turn under Martinez.

How can anyone doubt Martinez's credentials to get results when they are there for all to see. They'd rather think that the cowrds and half-wits who populataed Everton's team back then were let down by the manager....the manager who';s gone on to bigger and better things while the players are still failing elsewhere or sitting on the bench at Goodison.

Lol.

This was the Christmas of 14/15 a few mere months after his first good season. I don’t doubt your view on the utter cowards we had in the playing squad back then but Martinez wasn’t ruthless enough getting rid of them and lineups like this away from home in the premier league are a joke.

Linked to Real... actually favourite in some places...

Stop the world, I want to get off.

I really want to see this happen...won't happen though.
But think of the various pro and anti fumers

Like I said elsewhere, with his level of suave BS and short term plausibility, if he gets in the door and talks their ear off...
Well who knows, stranger things have happened, like Trump, like 5000-1 teams winning the league

Favourite for the job at the biggest club in the world?
But I thought he was an awful manager?

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

He is.... which is the whole point o_O

Well, not awful per se, just completely out of his depth. Actually hilarious how there were reports yesterday that Conte apparently took himself out of the running because he thought the players wouldn't like his appointment... and then mention Martinez lol

This was the Christmas of 14/15 a few mere months after his first good season. I don’t doubt your view on the utter cowards we had in the playing squad back then but Martinez wasn’t ruthless enough getting rid of them and lineups like this away from home in the premier league are a joke.
The cash wasn't there and what cash he did have had to be small amounts spread very thinly apart from Lukaku. Hence we got a lot of players he thought could do a job like Cleverley etc.

The Martinez era at Everton ended at a very definite point for me: the Spurs away game after we played in Europe midweek in the second season he was here - late autumn/early winter.

We led and faded to lose 2-1. The wind went out of the sails of that team and they never recovered their belief.

He is.... which is the whole point o_O

Well, not awful per se, just completely out of his depth. Actually hilarious how there were reports yesterday that Conte apparently took himself out of the running because he thought the players wouldn't like his appointment... and then mention Martinez lol
How can he be awful and get Belgium to 3rd place in a WC?
And if he truly was out of his depth, why would Madrid go for him in the first place?
He may flop as some managers do but he's seen fondly enough to seemingly be in the running.
These are football people advocating his application for the role. Not you, me, Sheila and Dave from the local ale house- people that actually work in football and for the biggest club in the world.
To say "he's completely out of his depth" is a bit bizarre in my opinion mate.

I think it's begining to dawn on the refuseniks that they may have it wrong...spectaculalry wrong...on Roberto.

They just cant bring themselves to admit it.

Understandable, I suppose. They took up their position and it became entrenched. The facts have changed, and the world sees it different to the way they do. It must be difficult to keep the bile down and accept that.

I think it's begining to dawn on the refuseniks that they may have it wrong...spectaculalry wrong...on Roberto.

They just cant bring themselves to admit it.

Understandable, I suppose. They took up their position and it became entrenched. The facts have changed, and the world sees it different to the way they do. It must be difficult to keep the bile down and accept that.

I think he's a decent manager. But his results still deserved the sack. That's the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back