Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the Christmas of 14/15 a few mere months after his first good season. I don’t doubt your view on the utter cowards we had in the playing squad back then but Martinez wasn’t ruthless enough getting rid of them and lineups like this away from home in the premier league are a joke.
Lukaku was on the bench because he was going through a horrendous patch of form where his commitment was being questioned. Martinez dropped him and Lukaku publically responded positively.

Barkley was feeling his way back from his injury he sustained on the eve of the season.

We are all aware of Distin's form falling off a cliff that second season.

Kevin Mirrallas, Howard and Jagielka had all been injured in the game 2 days previous vs Stole.

Naismith collected his 5th booking in the same game vs Stoke so missed the Newcastle game.

Ey, but don't let detail and context get in the way of a good sensationalist post, SD.

There's no need for that. Just accept you were wrong. There's no shame in it.
Dave he had the best set of players we'd had in donkeys and managed to take us backwards. This is a stone cold fact.

He's had arguably the best set of individual players in the world in the Belgian national squad for the last couple years and has done nothing of note with them either.

I do like him as a fella.. but he just isn't a very good manager all said and done. He would absolutely bomb very quickly at Real.

Also, whilst we're making comparisons, Poch is clearly the far superior manager.

Dave he had the best set of players we'd had in donkeys and managed to take us backwards. This is a stone cold fact.

He's had arguably the best set of individual players in the world in the Belgian national squad for the last couple years and has done nothing of note with them either.

I do like him as a fella.. but he just isn't a very good manager all said and done. He would absolutely bomb very quickly at Real.

Also, whilst we're making comparisons, Poch is clearly the far superior manager.
He's not a very good manager you say, but how many of them are connected to the Madfrid job or are given responsibility to lead a team like Belgium into the WC...and hand them their best ever tournamnt perfomance?

It makes no sense. You KNOW it.

Madrid: I could see RM going there until the end of the season. Apparently Madrid are looking for Mourinho back in with Alonso as his protege.

Would make sense to me. RM could do that well and then jump to a job in La Liga from there.

got to be on the wind up here!

the fittest and most motivated everton team for a start he literally did no fitness training in the summer hoping it would come naturally by the end of the season so that wrong

Belgium are probarbly the most naturally talented side in the world at the moment anyone could have done as well as him

took over Wigan who were a mid table team and relegated them, albeit with a trophy but im certain if hed have stayed wed have gone down too

Not a wind up at all: I've been won over by @davek's well-reasoned, balanced, and factual argument.

In fact, I'd go further. We should get 'El Gaffer' in to wind up the Brexit negotiations: he'd quickly beguile, bemuse and bewilder Barnier and Tusk into a series of unprecedented concessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back