Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez linked with Real Madrid; Moyes sacked by Real Sociedad.

I think that just about sums up the calibre of managers we've had and their respective talents.

Tbh I thought Conte would be a shoe-in.
Been said before but Roberto's biggest failure was Koeman - he became John the Baptist to a casey-headed Dutch Tory who didn't care. By making Goodison a laughing stock, ending his tenure in such abject pusillanimity, Martinez buried any chance of a legacy. The squad was so out of shape, so unmotivated, and so bereft of any tactical leadership that Moshiri axed him (as he had to) but then lurched to the right.
In hindsight we can say that Koeman was a horrible choice, but Roberto's bluffing had gotten out of hand by that point so a reactionary appointment was inevitable.
I wonder how much of Koeman's success at Southampton was down to groundwork laid by Pochettino.

Now theres the 'Real' Real target
I think they are prepared to hang on with Solari and aim...in the first instance, for Poch in Nov...or Jan...or June.

Pochettino...0 trophies
'El Gaffer'....1 trophy.

One's a serial loser, the other's a tactical genius who took a bunch of no-hopers to the WC semis, won the FA Cup with a pub team, single-handedly saved Swansea from total oblivion, and, as a qualified physio, created the fittest and most motivated Everton team I've ever witnessed, only to be undermined by Capt Jags, snake-in-the-grass Baines, and the Carpetbagger.

I know which one I'd choose.

Pochettino...0 trophies
'El Gaffer'....1 trophy.

One's a serial loser, the other's a tactical genius who took a bunch of no-hopers to the WC semis, won the FA Cup with a pub team, single-handedly saved Swansea from total oblivion, and, as a qualified physio, created the fittest and most motivated Everton team I've ever witnessed, only to be undermined by Capt Jags, snake-in-the-grass Baines, and the Carpetbagger.

I know which one I'd choose.
Master sleuth @davek 's tireless investigative work first brought to light the back-stabbing treacherous tendencies of Capt Jags and Bainesy...at first I questioned the veracity of these claims, and thought Osman must have grassed them up. The corroboration you provide therein your post has convinced me that Capt Jags and Bainesy are two very bad eggs..as is the Caledonian galoot, who reportedly always placed training cones in positions that undermined Bobby's defensive skills training. And as for the carpet-bagger of Persia...don't even get me started...

Graham Hunter reporting that Martinez is still in contention for the Madrid job.

Also, the Belgian FA are responding to the speculation:

"We cannot make any comments on the contracts which the Belgian FA has in place with its employees which we feel is a private matter. If any club is interested in hiring Mr. Martinez, first they need to reach an agreement with the Royal Belgian Football Association."

Dont do it Roberto. Stay where you are until the Athletico Madrid or Valencia job comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back