Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dear god my eyes. Literally less than a 10% success rate there.
6 of that 24 were the type of youth signings all Everton managers make in order to get the academy beefed up and hope one or two come through. You can discount them.

7 came in and did their jobs to one degree of success or another...Holgate, McCarthy, Deulofeu, Lennon, Lukaku, Barry, Robles. There were no 'duds' in that lot.

I would say that Cleverley on a free was acceptable as he had a decent amount of games. Most would agree that Besic was a good player but unlucky with injury. Galloway had a very decent period at LB for us and was certainly no turkey. Eto'o showed a lot of times just how good he was but cant be considered a success. Tarashaj we didn't get to see, so that cant be placed in any column - good or bad.

So, the first four on the Echo's list: Niasse, Kone, Alcarez (unfortunate with injury, IMO) and McGeady were the only standout players we can say were poor signings.

Lukaku, Barry and McCarthy were outstanding signings for us. The vast majority of the Martinez signings were in the good to decent category.

Of course that doesn't fit the narrative of some (the type who the knuckle dragging Echo aim their semi-literate trash at), but it is completely true.

6 of that 24 were the type of youth signings all Everton managers make in order to get the academy beefed up and hope one or two come through. You can discount them.

7 came in and did their jobs to one degree of success or another...Holgate, McCarthy, Deulofeu, Lennon, Lukaku, Barry, Robles. There were no 'duds' in that lot.

I would say that Cleverley on a free was acceptable as he had a decent amount of games. Most would agree that Besic was a good player but unlucky with injury. Galloway had a very decent period at LB for us and was certainly no turkey. Eto'o showed a lot of times just how good he was but cant be considered a success. Tarashaj we didn't get to see, so that cant be placed in any column - good or bad.

So, the first four on the Echo's list: Niasse, Kone, Alcarez (unfortunate with injury, IMO) and McGeady were the only standout players we can say were poor signings.

Lukaku, Barry and McCarthy were outstanding signings for us. The vast majority of the Martinez signings were in the good to decent category.

Of course that doesn't fit the narrative of some (the type who the knuckle dragging Echo aim their semi-literate trash at), but it is completely true.

Niasse was our second top scorer last season and has shown he can score in the top flight, Kone's leg fell off after a couple of games so I cant even class them as poor signings.

One of Martinez's worst decisions was signing Funes Mori over Van Dijk

We had a very small window of opportunity to get that done and he went for Funes Mori instead

what did we win???? Feck All !! A minor footnote in our history.

Every time I read this somewhere it makes me want to burn out my retinas.

This...but maybe not for the same reasons?

I love how people act like buying a footballer is like nipping to Asda to buy a pot noodle.

Hmmm, do I want the Funes Mori or the Van Dijk? It is not as simple as just picking one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back