Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite possible that the likes of Mourinho and Guardiola could go into international management, but only when they've finished with, or fancy a break from club management. I think we can all agree that Martinez, whatever we think of his abilities, or lack of them, genuinely loves football, as do most managers at any level - hence their need to stay in the game. For someone like Mourinho, the Portugal job would be like semi-retirement.

International management is a part-time job with a couple of games against often inadequate opposition and then nothing for weeks, even months, whereas with a club side it's a game every week and training every day. A number of international managers have said how much they miss this activity and I suspect that Roberto does too - Koeman might be an exception to this, having lots more time to get his golf handicap down.

Our Belgian correspondent, @Armel , has informed us that Roberto has taken on extra responsibilities as technical director, and he does a lot of PR work for them, something he is actually very good at. As well as PR, his other great gift has always been looking after Roberto Martinez and If the right offer came in I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to return to club management, especially if he detects a potential downturn in Belgium's fortunes - a lot could depend on whether they get another easy qualifying group for the European Championship.
Lol.

He resurrected a down and out football club in Wales that went on to become an ever present in the PL for years; won the FA Cup against Billionairos De City with the Dog & Duck (and smashed Moyes' muck along the way); handed us our best ever PL season and took us to a couple of SFs....all before handing Belgium their best ever two years.

Somehow, I think he's going to stick in management.

Lol.

He resurrected a down and out football club in Wales that went on to become an ever present in the PL for years; won the FA Cup against Billionairos De City with the Dog & Duck (and smashed Moyes' muck along the way); handed us our best ever PL season and took us to a couple of SFs....all before handing Belgium their best ever two years.

Somehow, I think he's going to stick in management.

Well yes, of course he'll stay in management - as I said one of his two greatest gifts is his ability to look after number one. He'll jump ship from Belgium when he judges the time to be right for Roberto Martinez, just as he did at Swansea (their fans took to calling him 'El Judas' after he left) and Wigan, who, after skilfully steering them into the Championship, he left in the lurch, claiming he 'wasn't the right man to bring them back to the Premier League' before signing a big money contact with us a few days later.

So don't you worry yourself about #worldcupbobby, he can look after himself.

Well yes, of course he'll stay in management - as I said one of his two greatest gifts is his ability to look after number one. He'll jump ship from Belgium when he judges the time to be right for Roberto Martinez, just as he did at Swansea (their fans took to calling him 'El Judas' after he left) and Wigan, who, after skilfully steering them into the Championship, he left in the lurch, claiming he 'wasn't the right man to bring them back to the Premier League' before signing a big money contact with us a few days later.

So don't you worry yourself about #worldcupbobby, he can look after himself.

Hold the front page: "Managers make moves in the interests of their own careers".

Half a million is nice town house in a provincial city - a tidy some but its not going to give you a longterm millionaire lifestyle. You cock it up and you might not get another top job again.
This would be a last hurrah for an already rich and successful manager.

Hold the front page: "Managers make moves in the interests of their own careers".

Not too many managers walk out on a club after steering them to relegation, effectively telling them he's too good for them; and then, after being saved from a howling Goodison mob by the kind-hearted Moshiri, within weeks had the chutzpah to apply for one of the cushiest jobs in international football, beating a bunch of desperate old lags to the post.

#Bigballsbobby #Bainesywasright #ElJudas

Not too many managers walk out on a club after steering them to relegation, effectively telling them he's too good for them; and then, after being saved from a howling Goodison mob by the kind-hearted Moshiri, within weeks had the chutzpah to apply for one of the cushiest jobs in international football, beating a bunch of desperate old lags to the post.

#Bigballsbobby #Bainesywasright #ElJudas
Yeah, how dare he walk out on a relegation yo-yo club after handing them their greatest ever prize in their 80 year history. What a scandalous way to treat them.

The carpetbagger sacking Roberto - the soon to be top ten ranked world coach - and hiring Koeman to blow £300M and plunge us into years of crisis is hardly a great argument for you to put forward to be fair.

Did they mention him signing the most important player for us in the past 30 years who went on to score a shedload of goals and then earn a £70M profit for us?

I'm sure they must have, because the Echo are big on fact proofing their fantastically well written articles on Everton.
He wanted Demba Ba :D

Did they mention him signing the most important player for us in the past 30 years who went on to score a shedload of goals and then earn a £70M profit for us?

I'm sure they must have, because the Echo are big on fact proofing their fantastically well written articles on Everton.

Can you explain how Lukaku was important please Dave? I mean its not like his goals helped us at all.

We finished 11th twice and won nothing, that doesnt seem important to me.

Plus the profit we made was all wasted.

So just how was Lukaku important?

Can you explain how Lukaku was important please Dave? I mean its not like his goals helped us at all.

Because Martinez unearthed him. Oh hang on no, that was Steve Clarke of West Bromwich Albion.

Wait for it...........,72......blah blah blah blah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back