Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain how Lukaku was important please Dave? I mean its not like his goals helped us at all.

We finished 11th twice and won nothing, that doesnt seem important to me.

Plus the profit we made was all wasted.

So just how was Lukaku important?
How was Lukaku important? Well, here's an idea: have a go at subtracting his 87 goals from the 4 seasons he was here and see what state you think we'd have been in without his contribution. Add back in about half the goals you could expect from other strikers in that time period and you can see what a mess we'd have still been in.

And WTF does it matter if Koeman pissed the proceeds of his sale up against the wall? That was on that fat headed Dutchman's watch.

How was Lukaku important? Well, here's an idea: have a go at subtracting his 87 goals from the 4 seasons he was here and see what state you think we'd have been in without his contribution. Add back in about half the goals you could expect from other strikers in that time period and you can see what a mess we'd have still been in.

And WTF does it matter if Koeman pissed the proceeds of his sale up against the wall? That was on that fat headed Dutchman's watch.

I subtracted his goals and guess what Dave, we still won NOTHING.

Our Belgian correspondent, @Armel , has informed us that Roberto has taken on extra responsibilities as technical director, and he does a lot of PR work for them, something he is actually very good at. As well as PR, his other great gift has always been looking after Roberto Martinez and If the right offer came in I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to return to club management, especially if he detects a potential downturn in Belgium's fortunes - a lot could depend on whether they get another easy qualifying group for the European Championship.

It was horrible, I stopped watching at 2-2. The same idiocy as the home win against Switzerland (only then it went unpunished), I knew what was coming. At 2-2 I did briefly think that Courtois was going to kill his defenders (or lack of). A 83 year old record was broken; Belgium had never lost 4-2 (or more) after leading 0-2 since 1935. A hat-trick for Seferovic, quite comical seeing he's horrible. Quite an achievement that. Nothing left to say really, a deserved victory for Switzerland.

If he wants to he can also fill an administrative position. In true absurdist style, the corrupt referee (there are phone calls where you can hear him say that he'll try to steer the game in a certain way) has resumed (for the time being; an issue with a Belgian labour law) his employement as a secretary for the Belgian FA. They have however limited him to telework, so he isn't allowed to enter the building.

The defeat went rather unnoticed tbh, because luckily one of the agents involved decided to become a repentant (pentito), and is going to snitch so the papers are quite busy with that.

I subtracted his goals and guess what Dave, we still won NOTHING.
We may not have won anything, but we wouldn't have been competitive in the PL in RMs first season or the cups at home and abroad in seasons two and three (or finished respectably in Koemageddon's only full season) without them.

It`s good to see that despite Belgium getting turned over 5- 2 by a team of Toblerones during the week, that @davek has regained his composure and is once more swimming against the tide.
It's the Mickey Mouse Nation's League. No one's bothered....except the Crusader spanners with their worship of Turnip Southgate.

Can you explain how Lukaku was important please Dave? I mean its not like his goals helped us at all.

We finished 11th twice and won nothing, that doesnt seem important to me.

Plus the profit we made was all wasted

So just how was Lukaku important?

The profit wasnt wasted at all, it looked like it was under Koeman but that was more to do with his poor managment, but the money from Lukaku is now looking like it was well spent.
The only player we got in after the sale was Gylfi, he was well worth what we paid, and knowing that Rom wouldnt stay you could say it allowed us to go high on Pickford a week earlier, who was a bargain.

Agree on Rom not being important

Did they mention him signing the most important player for us in the past 30 years who went on to score a shedload of goals and then earn a £70M profit for us?

I'm sure they must have, because the Echo are big on fact proofing their fantastically well written articles on Everton.

...and had his best ever season under the Golfer to earn a £70M profit for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back