Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll blame Ashley

Martinez's cult of personality would protect him from the backlash, at least until he bailed on them post-season because he wouldn't want to manage in the Championship

He's the locust of football management

Thing is, Martinez is a flair playing manager who's teams are gun-ho. It's why when he was linked with Barca you could see the two as a fit - those types of teams have those types of players.

Him rocking up to Geordie land with that squad and a 20p transfer budget playing that type of football is a one way ticket down.

Would be like the Keegan reign...without Aspirlla, Ginola, Ferdinand etc. You know... genuinely good players.

I so hope that those rumours are true, but I can't see him rolling the dice on another Premier league job unless it's as about as sure a thing as you can possibly get.

With respect hes earning 750k a year in Belgium.

He would swim over to any club in the league to jump back on the gravy train.

I don't know his primary motivations, I don't like him at all but I'd like to think he's got a semblance of professional pride. He'd surely know he would be a hiding to nothing if he was offered the Newcastle job and would swerve it. Be delighted to be proved wrong though, I'd like to see him get totally exposed.

Think as long as Ashley is the owner and there is no ambition he'd do alright there. all you have to do is go on 1-2 hot streaks (in between those 1 month swoons where you get outscored 17-3) and you could stay up.

Thing is, Martinez is a flair playing manager who's teams are gun-ho. It's why when he was linked with Barca you could see the two as a fit - those types of teams have those types of players.

Him rocking up to Geordie land with that squad and a 20p transfer budget playing that type of football is a one way ticket down.

Would be like the Keegan reign...without Aspirlla, Ginola, Ferdinand etc. You know... genuinely good players.
See if he had someone to build him in squad, to lay down some groundwork he might do ok. In the way Moyes built him a team.

I don't know his primary motivations, I don't like him at all but I'd like to think he's got a semblance of professional pride. He'd surely know he would be a hiding to nothing if he was offered the Newcastle job and would swerve it. Be delighted to be proved wrong though, I'd like to see him get totally exposed.
Reckon Bob's playing the long game and waiting for the Qatar job. Divide your workload by three* and multiply your salary by ten, plus getting your swede on global telly for the world cup? Oh aye mate.
Qatar have a young Spanish coach at the mo who is not well known, and looks like he has put in a shift there - Felix Sanchez. Reckon it's likely they will want to buy in a bigger name for the world cup, and they don't come much bigger than Bobby 'send it long to Feli' Martinez.

*It doesn't actually matter what number you divide zero by, you still get zero, but you know what I mean.

The idea Ashley would buy out Bobby’s contract when a better manager in Moyes could be hired for free is quite comical.

Given how they survived by being ultra negative under Benitez, the idea of Martinez coming in and playing BobbyBall is mint.

Never forgive their support to RS winning the league. Was weird.

Never forgive their support to RS winning the league. Was weird.
Ha ha - they were probably still grateful for the fact Michael Owen used to play for them. I still laugh at how excited they were to have signed an over-the-hill crock.

I was sickened at how they treated Bobby Robson. They seem more interested in having “names” than actually building success themselves.

If they could have some OAP manager with some success or a young up and comer they would go for the OAP every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back