Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
14-Roberto-Martinez-PA.jpg

TBF, not nearly as impressive as this

Nah, just stick on El Gaffer's last two visits to Anfield - enough said!

We aint won there since 1999 to be fair!

Every single manager involved in that run (I will let Silva off as he had a go last season and we were unlucky) deserves nothing but utter contempt.

• Resurrects Swansea Football Club
  • Hands Wigan their one and only trophy in their history
  • Oversees Everton's best ever PL season
  • Short-listed FIFA coach of the year
  • Took Belgium to the WC SFs
  • Got Belgium to world ranked number one international team
  • Overseen Belgium's best ever run of results in their 113 year history

....lads, it's over.

At least just acknowledge the fact that the shouts about 'garbage manager' are an embarrassment to those who say it?

....lads, it's over.

At least just acknowledge the fact that the shouts about 'garbage manager' are an embarrassment to those who say it?

It's good to have Dave back in full flow.

But...

1. He didn't - the previous manager got them promotion and two trips to Wembley and won the Welsh Cup - they were already on the up.
2. He did - but also took them down, an achievement that the likes of those managerial giants, Paul Jewell and Steve Bruce, couldn't match..
3. He didn't - I thought we'd agreed that positions that count more than points totals; therefore Moyes' 4th place (with Marcus Bent at centre-forward!) was a greater achievement.
4. So was Southgate - needless to say, neither of them finished in the top three.
5, 6 and 7. He has far and away the best crop of players of any Belgian manager, including players at or approaching their peak and with previous WC experience.

....lads, it's over.

LOL

Those other continetal cups mean zero. Ours means a lot. Especially when it's won by an ale house team against the best team in the country and one of the best in Europe.

Stop being churlish. It was a great achievement.

The war's over: you lost.
It means so much that the actual heavyweights regularly field weakened teams and Man United actually just skipped it one year.

Just as an aside this is why I don't understand people who get all mad when we inevitably blow the League Cup. The value has been degraded so far that the league really does mean more. I want to win a cup badly, but if instead we can compete for the league in 5 years I'd take that.

But...

1. He didn't - the previous manager got them promotion and two trips to Wembley and won the Welsh Cup - they were already on the up.
2. He did - but also took them down, an achievement that the likes of those managerial giants, Paul Jewell and Steve Bruce, couldn't match..
3. He didn't - I thought we'd agreed that positions that count more than points totals; therefore Moyes' 4th place (with Marcus Bent at centre-forward!) was a greater achievement.
4. So was Southgate - needless to say, neither of them finished in the top three.
5, 6 and 7. He has far and away the best crop of players of any Belgian manager, including players at or approaching their peak and with previous WC experience.
Also none of those things are actually achievements really

But...

1 - who mentioned about Swansea PL promotion?
2 - who mentioned anything other than handing Wigan their world cup?
3 - No, we agreed nothing of the sort. A 61 point season is a fluke to get CL qualifier on. Football-wise and points-wise 2013/14 was our best PL season by far
4 - Southgate was, but he played hoofball and therefore it doesn't count..as well as being Southgate..which will automatically disqualify him
5/6/7 He is far and away their best manager Belgium have ever had.

This is beyond embarrassing now for the refuseniks.

It means so much that the actual heavyweights regularly field weakened teams and Man United actually just skipped it one year.

Just as an aside this is why I don't understand people who get all mad when we inevitably blow the League Cup. The value has been degraded so far that the league really does mean more. I want to win a cup badly, but if instead we can compete for the league in 5 years I'd take that.
Winning that trophy would mean everything to us.

Utterly guffawing at any Evertonian who in desperation attempts to diminish Martinez for winning a trophy we're desperate to win.

The game is lost at that stage for you. Just give it up and accept you and your fellow travellers got it completely wrong over Martinez....the feller who's virtues you were extolling as Bobby Brown Shoes and thanking for re-opening the School of Science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back