Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was actually going to bring Ahmed Elmohamady to Everton.

View attachment 31131

Roberto was obviously making tremendous strides at goodison, clearly we got shut to soon. A team of cleverly, kone, niasse and elmohamady was the way forward of pure possession.

Did the massive tit not realise you can't play like barca when you've filled your team with the utter barrels of gash from the league.

I actually hate the man, despise everything about the fraudulent clown

Roberto was obviously making tremendous strides at goodison, clearly we got shut to soon. A team of cleverly, kone, niasse and elmohamady was the way forward of pure possession.

Did the massive tit not realise you can't play like barca when you've filled your team with the utter barrels of gash from the league.

It frightens me to death that he was once our manager, and still would be if top bloo Kenwright had his way.

It frightens me to death that he was once our manager and still would be if top bloo Kenwright had his way.

You can imagine the utter mess we would be right now if that whopper was still in charge, we'd have elmohamady somewhere in that team and I guarantee he would have brought somelike Di Santos because "he's had the football education of Maradona"

I hope Belgium crash and this tit is wiped from the footballing world.

You can probably notice that this small piece of news has sent me into a spiral of utter fume

You can imagine the utter mess we would be right now if that whopper was still in charge, we'd have elmohamady somewhere in that team and I guarantee he would have brought somelike Di Santos because "he's had the football education of Maradona"

I hope Belgium crash and this tit is wiped from the footballing world.

You can probably notice that this small piece of news has sent me into a spiral of utter fume

Hahahaha. Mate I'm with you there, none of this "I wish him well" crap, he made me one miserable season ticket holder for the past two years and made me dread going the game, I've got no good words to say about him and will revel in his failure.

Last edited:
I said in Martinez’s first season that players will like his style of play, and fans will like his positivity, as long as he’s winning. It was always going to be a problem as soon as we started losing games, if he carried on saying how well we played, and that performance matters more than results, and number of passes and possession are the best indicator of performance level, when you’ve barely created a chance all game.

People will see straight through that nonsense, and prefer a bit of honesty and an acknowledgment of what needs improving, when things aren’t going well.

If he can actually work on player position and pressing when out of possession, knowing when not to over-commit players, and better game management when in a winning position, he could easily do well.

His FA cup win indicates he’s better suited to one-off performances, rather than season-long consistency. Also international football for half-decent teams is geared towards very easy qualifiers, followed by winnable groups, and then KO competition against a pot-luck opponent – all of which I think suits Martinez getting a good run.

His tendency to make a team defensively worse over time would concern me if I was a Belgian fan, but if the players are getting properly (defensively) coached at club level, it could be that they retain the defensive side which Martinez admittedly neglects, while taking on board his attacking strengths of wide overloads, and getting 2v1s etc

“Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment, that was known as Camelot.”

1407569542-mural2.jpg

Bit off topic but my god that part of the stadium looks awful.

That cladding hasn't half done goodison a favour

It's all coming out now.

That's sickening, tbh.

A man who loved the club and completely got it (wish we had one now) and gave his level best - which was easily enough for one season and not good enough for the other two - and you 'hate' and 'despise' him.

That says more about you than him, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back