Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there'd be much of a difference to how we're doing now if he was still in charge.
You really think that? Even though Koeman has already equalled Martinez home win record of last season with half the season to spare? Even though we currently sit seventh in the table after two seasons of us hardly ever being outside the bottom half and finishing at 11th and 13th? You don't think that these ugly wins we've been getting would of actually been the normal case of disappointing defeats after playing well under Martinez?

All I can say is that while this season has been far from spectacular. Just as an example I'll just say that if the charlatan had still been here we'd of never ground out the home wins against Stoke, West Ham and Southampton. On the contrary we'd of probably lost all three 1-0 after playing his useless passing game for 94mins despite us having something like 85% possession. We'd of continued to slide further and further down the table if El Fraudo was still here, he had us 13th before he was finally sacked and I'd be willing to bet he'd of had us lower then that this season.

I really don't understand why so many Evertonians fail to see that as bad as thing's have been this season we're still deservedly 7th, a position we've not been close to for the last two year's of Martinez run. If you really don't see any difference between what Koeman is currently doing with us and what Martinez had us doing, I suggest you have another look at our performances from the last two seasons again and take a look at were we were in the league.

Last edited:
Kone was £5M, Barry was £1m; Holgate was 500k; Lennon was £4.5M; Mori was £9.5M.

You left out Galloway for 400K and Cleverley on a free.

All told Martinez spent £80M on the 24 players he brought in, not £90M http://toffeeweb.com/players/transfers.php

Just by selling Lukaku we'll get half that back. In this market where players like Bolassie and Schneiderlin are hitting the mid £20M/late £20M mark, a player like McCarthy is going to go for no less than £18M; Mori will fetch easy that £18M also; Deulofeu will fetch £7/8M (FFS, Anichebe fetched £6M 4 years ago!) Galloway will go for £4/5M; Cleverley will go for circa £5/6M; Holgate will fetch right now £8/9M; Tarasaj there will be no loss on that and we'll scoop probably £3/4M back; Barry sold tomorrow for a nominal fee of about £2M; Lennon would get us about our money back again, so £4/5M; Niasse will be bought by a Turkish club for a knockdown £4/5M; Robles would fetch about £4M in this market place; Kone and McGeady we'll get zip for.

Let's say we get (conservative £45M for Lukaku), the rest would fetch between £80M/£85M. Total with Lukaku = £125M/£130M.

@davek

Here you go mate, knock yourself out.

zzPROP140412-032-Sunderland_Everton.jpg

article-2624194-1DB2D5ED00000578-113_634x387.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back