Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha ha.

Everton's worst manager *looks at all time PL points record - finds Martinez's name...looks at managers who have had us just above the relegation zone - finds Moyes's name*

I am sure you are on the wind up. He was sacked after 3 years and left a horrible mess of unfit players, that struggled to line for a defensive set play. We were going down with Martinez.

article-2598131-1CE1F91B00000578-680_634x505.jpg
EP-151009570.jpg&MaxW=960&imageVersion=default&NCS_modified=20151005092639
wigan-athletic-manager-roberto-martinez-celebrates-with-the-trophy-picture-id168561337
Holy fudge we won the cup. How the hell did this get passed me?

I am sure you are on the wind up. He was sacked after 3 years and left a horrible mess of unfit players, that struggled to line for a defensive set play. We were going down with Martinez.

As well as being responsible for the most soul destroying and boring football a lot of fans have ever witnessed at Goodison. Some people will never get over the fact that Moyes was given a hero's ovation when he left whilst Martinez was laughed out the door.

Going down with Martinez. Two 11th place finishes and a 5th.

'kin ell mate, if you'd seen the 90s disaster season's you would't be coming out with that tripe.

Holy fudge we won the cup. How the hell did this get passed me?
No, we didn't. Martinez did it with an ale house team against the biggest backed club in the world. The question has to be why we didn't win it given we are not an ale house team.

Don't get involved mate.

As long as @davek is breathing he'll still be insisting that Martinez was our best ever manager
No I wont. That's ridicilous and ony used by you because you are unable to counter facts.

Catterick, Kendall and Royle are out ahead of all Everton managers. the rest is just a matter of preference after that (when you take out rubbish like Walker and Smith, of course).

No I wont. That's ridicilous and ony used by you because you are unable to counter facts.

Catterick, Kendall and Royle are out ahead of all Everton managers. the rest is just a matter of preference after that (when you take out rubbish like Walker and Smith, of course).

image.webp

Oh Dave, you are awful, but I like you x

Going down with Martinez. Two 11th place finishes and a 5th.

'kin ell mate, if you'd seen the 90s disaster season's you would't be coming out with that tripe.

Been an Evertonian for 40 years. Martinez was fantastic with anothers managers defensive organisation and training drills. Once he had trained it out of them, it was probably the worst football I have seen at Goodison. I would rate him below Smith, Walter was poor but he was tenacious and pragmatic, Martinez was as bad as Walker.

Giving Martinez credit for the 5th place is like giving Tony Barton credit for Aston Villa's European cup win - no one does it.

Been an Evertonian for 40 years. Martinez was fantastic with anothers managers defensive organisation and training drills. Once he had trained it out of them, it was probably the worst football I have seen at Goodison. I would rate him below Smith, Walter was poor but he was tenacious and pragmatic, Martinez was as bad as Walker.

Giving Martinez credit for the 5th place is like giving Tony Barton credit for Aston Villa's European cup win - no one does it.

There may be a long night ahead of you mate and you could do with a bit of support

Calling @ianefc

Lol.

No hope for you on this mate.

21 wins in 38 games scoring 61 goals and conceding 39. Go and find a a season that anyone other than Kendall or Catterick presided over that got near that.

here's a clue: you wont.

Lol.

No hope for you on this mate.

21 wins in 38 games scoring 61 goals and conceding 39. Go and find a a season that anyone other than Kendall or Catterick presided over that got near that.

here's a clue: you wont.

True enough, I guess we should agree to differ and move on, while being grateful for that season in the sun, and think what might have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back