Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't normally wish failure and professional misery on any of our former manager's but in Martinez's case I make an exception. This guy genuinely made me hate going to Goodison, my favourite place in the world. I won't ever forgive him for that. Going to the match was a chore with him as manager, we've had plenty of poor manager's and I never felt like I did in the last two seasons. Some weeks I just honestly couldn't get excited about the match. Thank goodness he finally got sacked and we didn't have to endure yet another season of his awful mindless philosophy nonsense.

I don't normally wish failure and professional misery on any of our former manager's but in Martinez's case I make an exception. This guy genuinely made me hate going to Goodison, my favourite place in the world. I won't ever forgive him for that. Going to the match was a chore with him as manager, we've had plenty of poor manager's and I never felt like I did in the last two seasons. Some weeks I just honestly couldn't get excited about the match. Thank goodness he finally got sacked and we didn't have to endure yet another season of his awful mindless philosophy nonsense.

I echo all of this.

Camelot it was.

"Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief, shining moment, that was known as Camelot."

It's the one season which kept alive the dream of us returning to a glorious past and made us think that those days are still possible....forget the poor 2nd and 3rd league seasons, THAT is the legacy.

Hilarious. That is not a way to defend an inept manager. Can you ask the good universities to consider one of your C grade A-level and forget the other 2 F grades thus letting you in?

Lol.

No hope for you on this mate.

21 wins in 38 games scoring 61 goals and conceding 39. Go and find a a season that anyone other than Kendall or Catterick presided over that got near that.

here's a clue: you wont.

He won 22 all together in his 2nd and 3rd seasons. Do you just wipe them out in your memory to make youself feel better?

Hilarious. That is not a way to defend an inept manager. Can you ask the good universities to consider one of your C grade A-level and forget the other 2 F grades thus letting you in?

He won 22 all together in his 2nd and 3rd seasons. Do you just wipe them out in your memory to make youself feel better?

Not even 11th. When he was sacked on the D day, 12 May 2016, we were 12th/13th. The last game was won by Unsy and Big Joe.
Well it's clear from all that you are an embittered man who cant handle the FACT that we played our best football since the 80s and got our best results since the 80s under Martinez when he first arrived. There's no hiding away from the other FACT that we fell away to mediocrity after that and it wouldn't good enough - alleviated only by some heartening domestic and European cup runs.

You should try and have a go at that reasoned and balanced evaluation and then you wouldn't come across as someone foaming from the mouth and incapable of making a fair assessment.

Remember when this clown gave us our worst ever home points total.

Seeing him sporting our glorious badge makes feel physical sick; like when you smash a minger during an alcohol fuelled session only to wake up the next day and loathe yourself

The bald tit
I remember he gave us our best ever PL season...I also remember your hero Moyes handing us a 39 point season that had us jumping up and down on the trapdoor to the Championship...the worst points total in the last 37 years....and the previous lowest one was under the two points for a win system. Lol.

I remember he gave us our best ever PL season...I also remember your hero Moyes handing us a 39 point season that had us jumping up and down on the trapdoor to the Championship...the worst points total in the last 37 years....and the previous lowest one was under the two points for a win system. Lol.

Hi Dave, can you please not derail this thread. This here is to discuss the clown and utter failure that is Robert Martinez aka El Fraudo

If you'd like to vent your anger please do in the appropriate place https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/moyes-to-sunderland.90054/page-89

Last edited:
Followed up by our best ever league finish. How did Martinez follow up his excellent first season? By getting 91 points from the next 225 available. A shambolic return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back