Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but if you take internal promotions out of the equations (not really transfers) the record of finding and purchasing talent from elsewhere is not great you have to admit. Fair enough this is more of a failing for an entire team of people, not just RM, but ultimately it comes under his remit.
Even under that narrower format we'd still be in the black. I dont imagine we will be after this next feller scarpers.The money spent on players of those ages wont see much resale value.

What did 4th get us? Humiliated in Europe because we had a dinosaur manager who couldn't handle it.

Btw, we won that 4th place with one of the lowest points total ever accumulated to get 4th...and we scored about 45 goals that season. Unreal bit of flukery.

Then what did 5th get us? What did 72 points got us? 5th! In fact you mentioned 5th=15th.

4th is 4th. You seem to have agenda on everything.

Even under that narrower format we'd still be in the black. I dont imagine we will be after this next feller scarpers.The money spent on players of those ages wont see much resale value.

You have a point. I think the new injection to the pl has had a lot to do with that as well though. I think 20m for Schniderlin will go down as a bargain. Bolassie is way over priced. I think Lookman will be great, a real Everton type player who the fans will love. As for guyue, what a signing he is turning out to be.

Although I'd prefer buying younger players, we have the funds now to buy what we need. None of Koemans buys have been in the 'old' category, they're at peak age if anything.

I remember him re-opening the School of Science and everyone celebrating that with banners and songs - and singing about his brown shoes.

I doubt we'll see that school have the padlocks come off it any time soon. The school next door is open and thriving though: the School of Schmience and Applied Hoofball. That's got a record intake I hear.

I remember one season of that, then 2 years of absolute dross and pain of a manager who had no clue what to do

Exactly mike, with all the stars in the world you press and harass them it's game over. That's what frustrated me with bobby, he just couldn't see it and peps the same

You simply have to have a Plan B in this league

Martinez should be okay with Belgium though

World Cup Quarters at the very least if he gets a good draw

Germany and Italy will be licking their chops though. They know exactly how to take a tiki tacky team down

Btw, we won that 4th place with one of the lowest points total ever accumulated to get 4th...and we scored about 45 goals that season. Unreal bit of flukery.
The amount of points we got that season is completely irrelevant. We finished fourth full stop. You can't get lucky in the league for 38 games. Leicester deserved to win the title last season and we deserved fourth in 04-05. And no matter how much BS you spout that won't change, were you finish is what counts not your points total you managed getting there.

Last edited:
The Royle cup win is irrelevant (and cancelled out anyway by RMs own win with a pub team) as we are talkig about PL season records, and Moyes did NOT have a better league season record.
Again with your total lack of respect for Wigan. They aren't a pub team or any other pathetic description you want to make up. They earned their place in the Premier League and earned the right to stay in it for eight seasons. They weren't a pub side in league one either and they aren't one now. Your childish attitude of calling a poor premier league side a pub team only shows a lack of knowledge, arrogance and football snobbery on your part.

Moyes had a vastly superior league record compared to El Fraudo. We finished outside the top half of the league twice in eleven years under Moyes. Martinez did that twice in three years. Fourth is still better then fifth no matter how much you try to spin it.

Today City were the Martinez team

Bizarre seeing that sort of lack of plan B and defensive fragility from the other side

I had flash backs dream/ nightmare last night, Martinez voice repeating it's 'unbelievable and magnificent' but it was Pep managing us, then Koamen was again 24 but playing for us but sold to Chelsea because he defended like a defender, when questioned to old fashioned for this modern football was the Everton heirachy reply.

See what we are missing , tippy tappy football and 70% possession.

I had flash backs dream/ nightmare last night, Martinez voice repeating it's 'unbelievable and magnificent' but it was Pep managing us, then Koamen was again 24 but playing for us but sold to Chelsea because he defended like a defender, when questioned to old fashioned for this modern football was the Everton heirachy reply.

See what we are missing , tippy tappy football and 70% possession.

Good lord. Hope you're ok mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back