Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again with your total lack of respect for Wigan. They aren't a pub team or any other pathetic description you want to make up. They earned their place in the Premier League and earned the right to stay in it for eight seasons. They weren't a pub side in league one either and they aren't one now. Your childish attitude of calling a poor premier league side a pub team only shows a lack of knowledge, arrogance and football snobbery on your part.

Moyes had a vastly superior league record compared to El Fraudo. We finished outside the top half of the league twice in eleven years under Moyes. Martinez did that twice in three years. Fourth is still better then fifth no matter how much you try to spin it.

This makes no sense as you have pretty much counteracted your point whilst making it.

Moyes had 11 years. Martinez had 3. They cant really be compared accurately because the timescale is massively different.

This makes no sense as you have pretty much counteracted your point whilst making it.

Moyes had 11 years. Martinez had 3. They cant really be compared accurately because the timescale is massively different.
And the reason the timescale was different is because Martinez was (and still is) toilet as a manager and had us finish in the bottom half of the league twice in a row. Moyes never did that.

We finished mid table twice.

I think they are both rubbish. What do we do now?
If you think Moyes's time here was as bad as the vomit served up under Martinez I really don't know what to say. We finished bottom half of the league twice, 11th first season and we we're 13th when he finally got the bullet in the second season. Moyes had many faults and I'm far from his biggest fan (I wanted him gone three years before he finally went) but he built two very good sides here and restored the club's pride after almost a decade of worry about relegation. Martinez did absolutely nothing here other then make loads of blues hate going to the match for two year's. Moyes is a limited manager that given the right environment can make a positive impact on a club with limited ambitions (which is what we were when he first arrived), Martinez is just pure garbage. Your perfectly entitled opinion, it's just one I'll never understand.

If you think Moyes's time here was as bad as the vomit served up under Martinez I really don't know what to say. We finished bottom half of the league twice, 11th first season and we we're 13th when he finally got the bullet in the second season. Moyes had many faults and I'm far from his biggest fan (I wanted him gone three years before he finally went) but he built two very good sides here and restored the club's pride after almost a decade of worry about relegation. Martinez did absolutely nothing here other then make loads of blues hate going to the match for two year's. Moyes is a limited manager that given the right environment can make a positive impact on a club with limited ambitions (which is what we were when he first arrived), Martinez is just pure garbage. Your perfectly entitled opinion, it's just one I'll ever understand.

Hold on, I didnt say it was as bad!

Yes Moyes did all you said, and we should be thankful to him for that (maybe not to the extent of having a leaving party for him after he jibbed us off for someone else like..)

Martinez did do stuff of note for us too. He brought in the best striker we have had for years, brought in some young lads with massive potential like Holgate and Galloway and brought Howard Kendall back into the fold which with how things ended up I will always be grateful to him for that and will probably defend him more than I should. he also made us realise that we can win at the likes of Old Trafford instead of rolling over every season (still didnt nail the Anfield issue but who does?).

He was rightfully sacked as the players stopped playing for him (which i will never fully forgive either...) but its not like he didnt do anything right. I reckon he will do well for Belgium too as I reckon he will be suited to international management where you really get by on believing in what you can do rather than anything deep and meaningful tactics wise.

Bill in the accounts:

"In that wonderful first season we all believed the School of Science was on its way back as Roberto guided us to our highest ever PL points total. The following season saw us become the last British team in Europe as we reached the fianl 16 of the Europa League. The 2015/16 season saw us reach two domestic cup semi finals in a season - something we hadn't been done since 1984. But ultimately our final league positions over the last two seasons were not good enough and we had to make a decision based on that."

Spot on that.

I think what Martinez and to a lesser extent Pep have shown in the past couple of years is that tiki Taka is destructively effective in one off games and Cups, but in a League like the EPL you need an extra string to your bow over a 38 game season
What, like we deployed away from home with a counter attacking game?

Home form and, specifically, not being able to knock over packed defences was his downfall. The reason there was that a big fee was never made on bringing in a real playmaker and we made do with squeezing a square Barkley into a round hole.

This feller in the dugout now needs to pay heed. Get a playmaker in or see us continue to crash against those rocks against lesser teams.

Bill in the accounts:

"In that wonderful first season we all believed the School of Science was on its way back as Roberto guided us to our highest ever PL points total. The following season saw us become the last British team in Europe as we reached the fianl 16 of the Europa League. The 2015/16 season saw us reach two domestic cup semi finals in a season - something we hadn't been done since 1984. But ultimately our final league positions over the last two seasons were not good enough and we had to make a decision based on that."

Spot on that.

IMG_1223.webp

Bill in the accounts:

Spot on that.
Here's some facts for you Davek: five, FIVE! Measly home wins last season under Martinez and eight league defeats. Think it was a one off? Well how about this, in 2014-15 we won just seven home games all season in the league. So in two seasons with 37 games played in the Premier League at Goodison Park Martinez's Everton won a grand total of twelve matches! Twelve out of thirty-eight! It's an embarrassing statistic to anyone with a sense of shame, so that basically counts your beloved out.

Bill in the accounts:

Spot on that.

What a Manager.

lollollollol

Bill in the accounts:

Spot on that.

Much more heart felt than Moshiri's message of "get out of my club you waste of space Catalan fraud".

Last edited:
What a Manager.

lollollollol

Here's the tribute's to Koeman's contribution....

"Boss 4-0 win against City.....erm.....................................................................hold on, 'Mosh, what should I say next?'............erm.......................................................................oh aye, he bakes a cracking hash cookie - Jenny loves them......................................................."

Here's the tribute's to Koeman's contribution....

"Boss 4-0 win against City.....erm.....................................................................hold on, 'Mosh, what should I say next?'............erm.......................................................................oh aye, he bakes a cracking hash cookie - Jenny loves them......................................................."

Come back in 2.5 years.

:cheers::coffee::cheers::coffee:

Here's some facts for you Davek: five, FIVE! Measly home wins last season under Martinez and eight league defeats. Think it was a one off? Well how about this, in 2014-15 we won just seven home games all season in the league. So in two seasons with 37 games played in the Premier League at Goodison Park Martinez's Everton won a grand total of twelve matches! Twelve out of thirty-eight! It's an embarrassing statistic to anyone with a sense of shame, so that basically counts your beloved out.

Apparently we just struggled against crap sides that parked the bus, even though they were the only teams we could actually beat. One win against a top 4 side (at the time) in 3 years at the club. ONE win. Koeman's already managed two.

IMG_4136.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back