Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's more.

"Since his departure, criticism was levelled at Martinez for being too attack-minded and playing in a certain way, with higher focus on ball possession and going forward than defensive play."

But the former boss rebutted this claim, citing his Premier League record as proof that his methods work in the top-flight of English football."

'You don't survive seven years in the Premier League if you don't know how to coach defensive play,' said Martinez."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ong-term-project-scapegoat.html#ixzz4TEXhfNOD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

In those 7 years he got a club relegated, another sacked him and he finished well inside bottom half of the table 6 times. Utter fruit loop.

Here's more.

"Since his departure, criticism was levelled at Martinez for being too attack-minded and playing in a certain way, with higher focus on ball possession and going forward than defensive play."

But the former boss rebutted this claim, citing his Premier League record as proof that his methods work in the top-flight of English football."

'You don't survive seven years in the Premier League if you don't know how to coach defensive play,' said Martinez."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ong-term-project-scapegoat.html#ixzz4TEXhfNOD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

In those 7 years he got a club relegated, another sacked him and he finished well inside bottom half of the table 6 times. Utter fruit loop.
Yes his methods are proven to work in the league.

Despite for the length of time spent in the bottom 3.

That and apart from the year they were the worst team and went down in the process. apart from that though, they work.

Yes his methods are proven to work in the league.

Despite for the length of time spent in the bottom 3.

That and apart from the year they were the worst team and went down in the process. apart from that though, they work.

I despise the utter weirdo, he genuinely doesn't think he failed at Everton and thinks everything was going fine. Thinks he was hard done to by getting the sack and is still bitter about it, doing these interviews to cover his arse. He was about to bring Ahmed Elmohamady to the club and have us scrapping against relegation, in his head that was absolutely fine though, how any Evertonian can wish him well is beyond my ability to comprehend. I hope he fails in every job from now until the end of time, and he will, because he's a failure.

I despise the utter weirdo, he genuinely doesn't think he failed at Everton and thinks everything was going fine. Thinks he was hard done to by getting the sack and is still bitter about it, doing these interviews to cover his arse. He was about to bring Ahmed Elmohamady to the club and have us scrapping against relegation, in his head that was absolutely fine though, how any Evertonian can wish him well is beyond my ability to comprehend. I hope he fails in every job from now until the end of time, and he will, because he's a failure.
We do have that to look forward to mate, when he leaves belgium and some half decent job gets offered to him we get to see him fail all over again.

Like all great liars El Fraudo actually believes his own BS. His overinflated ego would never allow something as crass as logic to sway him away from his delusion. I'm not surprised he has zero self awareness, anyone who is as stupid as Martinez but also has an ego like he does is bound to be like that. It never ceases to amaze me how many people fell (and keep doing so in some cases) for his verbal diarrhoea. I can't get my head around the idea that any Evertonian would really wish anything other then professional misfortune on this clown after the damage he did to us.

Osman: "We were still trying to outplay and outpass teams at that point. We were going to Anfield and the manager [Roberto Martínez] was more concerned with us dominating possession rather than outfighting them that night."

Like all great liars El Fraudo actually believes his own BS. His overinflated ego would never allow something as crass as logic to sway him away from his delusion. I'm not surprised he has zero self awareness, anyone who is as stupid as Martinez but also has an ego like he does is bound to be like that. It never ceases to amaze me how many people fell (and keep doing so in some cases) for his verbal diarrhoea. I can't get my head around the idea that any Evertonian would really wish anything other then professional misfortune on this clown after the damage he did to us.

Damage?

Two 11th places finishes?

My god since when did we become so entitled?

He talked up the club, did a lot in terms of community work, brought legends back to the clubs fold who had been disgracefully shunned in the past and genuinely seems to be a decent bloke.

He got sacked at the right time as it wasnt working out, the players didnt buy into what he was trying to do and he couldnt manage that it seems. Thats fine, it happens and he has gone now.

The damage thing is madness as what we have right now is a team that can be good but never is when it matters. A team that flatters to decieve and will always let you down at the worst time.

In other words the same that we have had for 30 odd years.

Damage?

He talked up the club, did a lot in terms of community work, brought legends back to the clubs fold who had been disgracefully shunned in the past and genuinely seems to be a decent bloke.

He got sacked at the right time as it wasnt working out, the players didnt buy into what he was trying to do and he couldnt manage that it seems. Thats fine, it happens and he has gone now.

The damage thing is madness as what we have right now is a team that can be good but never is when it matters. A team that flatters to decieve and will always let you down at the worst time.

5th to 13th (when sacked) in the space of 2 years is damage whichever way you spin it, I don't care how much complete sewage he chatted about how great the club was to try and deflect from it. This squad of players is the most gutless and mentally fragile I've ever seen in my time watching us, like they're petrified of playing football, that's HIS team, that he spent a fair chunk assembling too by the way. Abysmal manager, another 2 seasons of him would almost certainly have seen us relegated in my opinion (and that of many others)

Damage?

He left us with the worst team since the mid 90's mate. We have a team that lacks fight all over the pitch and hardly ever shows commitment to the club. The two 11th place finishes themselves aren't the damage I'm talking about. The very real damage Martinez inflicted on us is there for all to see. We would of definitely of been in a relegation battle if Martinez was still boss and still might be because of this horrendous squad. Entitlement is what we're seeing from the Martinez loyalists who are attacking Koeman and expecting miracles from him to make this terrible side half decent when it isn't going to happen. Martinez took over a really good side and decimated it so yes I'd say he has very seriously damaged us.

Martinez only seemed a decent bloke to everyone to blind to see he was a slimy snake in the grass who would sell anyone or anything down the banks with a smile on his face and convince said party that he'd done them a favour. Martinez only cares about number one and he's perfectly entitled to do so but I can't abide everyone treating him as some sort of paragon of morality and decency. He was sacked a good six mouths to late at very best. If we'd sacked him back in Oct when is was obvious he was clueless (it was obvious to loads of us he was totally clueless long before then anyway) we'd of at least been spared Nieasse!

The damage line isn't madness at all it's very real and there for all to see. If you still want to defend El Fraudo after he built one of the most unarsed useless squad's I've seen in a couple of decades here that will take a good few years to rebuild and say it wasn't damage then that's up to you.

Bobby understood the importance of a good ole Blue Chrimbo.
But, in the end, he had us playing awful togger.
Fat Ron has not got into Blue Chrimbo at all
And he's got us playing awful togger.

Conclusion: Blue Chrimbo is a red herring

When's that grassing little snake osman ever fought anyone on the pitch
He's built like a toddle tbf. I think Id rather have him AM at the moment than our current tart who's built like a heavy weight but has the football nouse of Cameroon in their first world cup

He left us with the worst team since the mid 90's mate. We have a team that lacks fight all over the pitch and hardly ever shows commitment to the club. The two 11th place finishes themselves aren't the damage I'm talking about. The very real damage Martinez inflicted on us is there for all to see. We would of definitely of been in a relegation battle if Martinez was still boss and still might be because of this horrendous squad. Entitlement is what we're seeing from the Martinez loyalists who are attacking Koeman and expecting miracles from him to make this terrible side half decent when it isn't going to happen. Martinez took over a really good side and decimated it so yes I'd say he has very seriously damaged us.

Martinez only seemed a decent bloke to everyone to blind to see he was a slimy snake in the grass who would sell anyone or anything down the banks with a smile on his face and convince said party that he'd done them a favour. Martinez only cares about number one and he's perfectly entitled to do so but I can't abide everyone treating him as some sort of paragon of morality and decency. He was sacked a good six mouths to late at very best. If we'd sacked him back in Oct when is was obvious he was clueless (it was obvious to loads of us he was totally clueless long before then anyway) we'd of at least been spared Nieasse!

The damage line isn't madness at all it's very real and there for all to see. If you still want to defend El Fraudo after he built one of the most unarsed useless squad's I've seen in a couple of decades here that will take a good few years to rebuild and say it wasn't damage then that's up to you.

He didnt leave us with the worst team since the mid 90s. We were in danger of being relegated in the late 90s!

Niasse was a bad signing. So what? Every manager makes them. And to be fair maybe he thinks he could have got something out of him with a bit of time. We will never know.

It is madness. We are pretty much in the same position we have been in for years. Also rans who could make a push for Europe if everything magically falls into place. But then we will mess it up like we always do because we are mentally weak.

He was rightfully sacked as he had "lost the dressing room" and was going nowhere fast. I really am not defending him, it was the right time for him to go, but this overreaction to what shape he has left us is just ridiculous.

He has gone, I dont know why people get so angry about it like he is the only manager we have ever had who didnt get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back