Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez says he accepts results were not good enough to keep him in a job given the short-term demands of the modern game, but added: "I will always treasure my memories as an Everton manager - reaching the Europa League, getting 72 points, and then last campaign we were so so close to getting to the finals of both domestic cups.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38345487

Martinez says he accepts results were not good enough to keep him in a job given the short-term demands of the modern game, but added: "I will always treasure my memories as an Everton manager - reaching the Europa League, getting 72 points, and then last campaign we were so so close to getting to the finals of both domestic cups.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38345487

He just can't help himself can he ?

" I will always treasure the ten mil, I trousered as my contract payout after getting the sack "

"I still get satisfaction with our long-term project that we had in hand, seeing players that we invested in heavily, giving them big roles like the level of investment in young players like John Stones, Ross Barkley and Romelu Lukaku, that they have taken the football club to a different level."

To 11th you bad divvy. He's still to make out like he somehow had a hand in taking the club forwards, he is one deluded bell.

"I still get satisfaction with our long-term project that we had in hand, seeing players that we invested in heavily, giving them big roles like the level of investment in young players like John Stones, Ross Barkley and Romelu Lukaku, that they have taken the football club to a different level."

To 11th you bad divvy. He's still to make out like he somehow had a hand in taking the club forwards, he is one deluded bell.
Tbf he never said the new level was higher than the old level. He's a spin doctor and a great Wham chatter.

It gets worse.

"We were not a soft team who conceded easy goals all the time. We were prone to conceding goals at home, but if you look at our away record, it was actually pretty strong."

"I would pay money to watch Manchester City, whether they win or lose."

"The first person who has take responsibility is myself, the manager."

• We conceded 98th minute equalisers in away games after being 2 goals up grounds twice in one season.
  • We won 5 games away all season and lost 5 as well (all of which in humiliating circumstances).
  • He is on record as saying clean sheets aren't important, goals from set-pieces are "parasite football" and he'd rather his teams completed a certain amount of passes than actually score goals.
  • He never took any responsibility for the any of the losses we suffered, never once apologised, admitted a personal mistake or tried something different. Also bottled it out of telling the likes of Hibbert, Osman and Pienaar they weren't getting new deals.

What's truly phenomenal is how such moron keeps landing good jobs in the game, the man sounds like an alcoholic stumbling out of a pub. Thank God he's gone.

Last edited:
How is he a bell? He has never spoke bad of our club. Ok it didn't work out,but he gave us an amazing first season and gave me belief back when hr stood up to Chelsea, mourinho, and united over transfers

And the parting gift of turning stones into a £50m defender....

No, obviously he was lying and deluding himself and you in the progress.

Long article on him in today's SundayTimes sport section. Headlined: "I lost my job at Everton because we didnt win enough games. I can only blame myself".

Liked this bit:

"I embraced that Everton means fighting for silverware & Europe. I never hid from that. In the first season we had 72 points, close to the top four. Second year we were the last [British] team to be knocked out of Europe. Third, we played some of the best football yet but at home gifted points. But we got to two [domestic] semi-finals and lost both by small margins."

Should have stopped at the first sentence and passed that snippet on to Ronnie

Long article on him in today's SundayTimes sport section. Headlined: "I lost my job at Everton because we didnt win enough games. I can only blame myself".

Liked this bit:

"I embraced that Everton means fighting for silverware & Europe. I never hid from that. In the first season we had 72 points, close to the top four. Second year we were the last [British] team to be knocked out of Europe. Third, we played some of the best football yet but at home gifted points. But we got to two [domestic] semi-finals and lost both by small margins."

Should have stopped at the first sentence and passed that snippet on to Ronnie

Wow. When's the parade lads?

To think we used to laugh at Brendan Rodgers when this embarrassment was our manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back