Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is he a bell? He has never spoke bad of our club. Ok it didn't work out,but he gave us an amazing first season and gave me belief back when hr stood up to Chelsea, mourinho, and united over transfers

And the parting gift of turning stones into a £50m defender....
He didn't stand up to them, the SKY TV deal did. 3 years prior and those players are flogged no matter who is in charge.

He did disrespect us when 40k fans went each week paying their 'hard earned' and he took ten million away from the club despite failures we've not seen since the Walter Smith days (as in back to back bottom half finishes) and even that's not fair on Smith, as in comparison as he had nowhere near the tools at his disposal.

He's a liar, a fraud and one big useless manager. Even now he's been in charge of Belgium for 6 months and in the two actual games he's played he's come away with a walloping off of Spain (who even England under Southgate got a draw against lol) and a draw against a god awful Dutch team.

If he comes on Radio tonight and clearly states he massively underachieved then fair play, anything other than that (including brushing over season 2 & 3 and focusing on season 1) then that pretty much proves what a nightmare he is and was.

Fraud. Liar. Clown.

Imagine actually being upset at Martinez for getting what was contractually owed to him. Like anyone on here would turn their nose up at millions of pounds that was legally owed to them.

The only people anyone should fume at are the folks who wrote up the contract.
Not upset he got it. Upset people think it's ok. It's a working mans game, he failed. Doesn't deserve it. The law is an ass.

Everyone is entitled to their view point but I don't like the bloke and would rather his era at the club be buried completely. He did so much damage to the club's standing in the game with those two back-to-back bottom half finishes that most decent players won't even give us a second look now, we're viewed as a gang of no marks and it will take years to get back to where we were in that regard.

I don't buy into this "he was just trying to see the positives in everything" theory, for me he was outright lying to us after every bad result in order to save his own skin. Telling us that awful, gutless performances were phenomenal. That the most uninspiring, ineffective boring brand football I've ever seen was the way forward to be a successful team. That teaching defenders how to actually defend wasn't important. He was insulting our intelligence as people who watch the game.

He is the only manager in our history (other than maybe Walker) who actively made Evertonians dread going to the match because the atmosphere was so bad and the football was so awful to watch, all whilst smiling and pretending everything was great. We've gone through very bad times at the club where we were in worse positions but for my generation last season was the worst I've ever seen from an Everton team. Some of the most humiliating defeats in the history of the club (the 4-0s at Anfield) were directly down to him, I won't ever forget the sickening feelings in the pit of my stomach after those. And let's not mention spunking £13.5m on a Senegalese bus driver.

Ultimately, he took far more from than what he gave in return and caused huge damage to the club I love, all whilst smiling smugly and refusing to take any responsibility. He can P off, if it were up to me he wouldn't be welcome back at Goodison Park ever again.

There is no doubt he didn't deserve it. But does anyone really deserve the money that is flying around in football these days?

He got what he was owed...hopefully the club learned a painful lesson.
That's fair, but it's all relative. Compared to other people in the industry he didn't deserve it, never mind the working man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back