Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Record breaker.

In the history books until Koeman gets us to 73 points...forget it.
He certainly is in the history books of this club. He holds the record of fewest home wins in a season. His record last season was worst the worst in living memory and one (if not the worst in this club's history). He stands alongside Mike Walker as the worst the worst manager that this great club has ever had.

Last edited:
Ha Ha. Laughable.

Look, he is the ONLY manager since the glory days of the 80s that brought anything like proper Everton football to this club again. That first season on its own was worth 20 of the miserable dour Moyes seasons never mind the 11 we endured.

Of curse, he nearly got us relegated in 11th place thereafter like. Lol. Actually, he nearly got s our first trophy twice last season.

I'd suggest you stop being so bitter about it. He is a manager bringing a top international team to the Russian World Cup next summer and you'll still be here unable to handle matters.
What is this nonsense about 'nearly' winning us a trophy twice last season? I don't think you understand who football works Dave, getting to a semi final doesn't count as nearly winning anything. Such a small time attitude. You sound like a Leeds Utd supporter proudly wearing a champions league semi finalist 2000 t shirt, get a grip man for heavens sake!

Again with your ridiculous dismissal of Moyes's time here, we had four seasons with Moyes that by far elapse that one fluke of a season under the fraud and another four that were on a par with it. Time for you to except the facts Dave, we finished fifth and didn't win a trophy during 13-14, we achieved nothing other then fifth. You class Moyes as a loser yet he actually reached a final with us (still doesn't count as an achievement unless you win it though). Martinez was well on he way to relegating us, we were 13th when he was finally and deservedly sacked and its my belief that this season we'd of been around 15th and next season 17th (if we managed to avoid the drop!).

Martinez is one of the most poisonous influence to ever be inflicted on this club. He along with his delusional acolytes made Goodison a horrible experience week on and week out but woe to anyone foolish enough to question the insufferable buffoon. I'll never forget his last home game, we slogged away for a 2-1 win against Bournemouth (only our fifth and final league win of the season under El Fraudo) and hundreds of blues stayed behind to protest only to be drowned out by the club's music system played at max volume in a pathetic attempt to pretend everything was alright. A shameful moment in this club's history that is happily behind us now.

Martinez will always be a born loser and fail wherever he goes, of course Belgium will qualify for the World Cup. How could they not with this squad?! It's worth remembering that England qualified for the Euros under Hodgson with am almost perfect record, it didn't stop them being trounced in the tournament though did it? Belgium will be flattened once they face a half decent side in a truly competitive environment with a manager that has the slightest idea about what he's doing. Martinez will be sacked and will end up managing a Spanish third division side, which is more his level. I feel noting but sympathy for anyone club/nation he's inflicted on as I wouldn't wish him on anyone (the kopites being the only exception!).

Last edited:
His record last season was worst the worst in living memory and one (if not the worst in this club's history). He stands alongside Mike Walker as the worst the worst manager that this great club has ever had.

He made going to watch Everton (which is something I've enjoyed since I was a kid) into a chore and turned the atmosphere toxic, he will never be forgotten and will always be remembered in my eyes as the Worst Everton manager, and I will poke him with that stick everytime his stupid little face appears on telly :rant::hayee:

What is this nonsense about 'nearly' winning us a trophy twice last season? I don't think you understand who football works Dave, getting to a semi final doesn't count as nearly winning anything. Such a small time attitude. You sound like a Leeds Utd supporter proudly wearing a champions league semi finalist 2000 t shirt, get a grip man for heavens sake!

Again with your ridiculous dismissal of Moyes's time here, we had four seasons with Moyes that by far elapse that one fluke of a season under the fraud and another four that were on a par with it. Time for you to except the facts Dave, we finished fifth and didn't win a trophy during 13-14, we achieved nothing other then fifth. You class Moyes as a loser yet he actually reached a final with us (still doesn't count as an achievement unless you win it though). Martinez was well on he way to relegating us, we were 13th when he was finally and deservedly sacked and its my belief that this season we'd of been around 15th and next season 17th (if we managed to avoid the drop!).

Martinez is one of the most poisonous influence to ever be inflicted on this club. He along with his delusional acolytes made Goodison a horrible experience week on and week out but woe to anyone foolish enough to question the insufferable buffoon. I'll never forget his last home game, we slogged away for a 2-1 win against Bournemouth (only our fifth and final league win of the season under El Fraudo) and hundreds of blues stayed behind to protest only to be drowned out by the club's music system played at max volume in a pathetic attempt to pretend everything was alright. A shameful moment in this club's history that is happily behind us now.

Martinez will always be a born loser and fail wherever he goes, of course Belgium will qualify for the World Cup. How could they not with this squad?! It's worth remembering that England qualified for the Euros under Hodgson with am almost perfect record, it didn't stop them being trounced in the tournament though did it? Belgium will be flattened once they face a half decent side in a truly competitive environment with a manager that has the slightest idea about what he's doing. Martinez will be sacked and will end up managing a Spanish third division side, which is more his level. I feel noting but sympathy for anyone club/nation he's inflicted on as I wouldn't wish him on anyone (the kopites being the only exception!).
Tell it like it is my man

This tbh

He made going to watch Everton (which is something I've enjoyed since I was a kid) into a chore and turned the atmosphere toxic, he will never be forgotten and will always be remembered in my eyes as the Worst Everton manager, and I will poke him with that stick everytime his stupid little face appears on telly :rant::hayee:
This. I sat through every home game under Mike Walker and the crowd stayed behind the team. Martinez turned goodison to apathy at 1st and then fume because of the gutless dull crap he served up

From 72 to 47 (25 points) is one of the biggest differences in points totals for back-to-back seasons in the 3 points era.

Utter fraud.

I love the way 72 points is turned into a negative.

More historical examples of this phenomena:

That Churchill divvy led the country to victory in a world war but lost the election that followed...'kin fraud!

That David Bowie, ok he left a massive collection of great songs - but The Laughing Gnome?! WTF....the 'kin fraud!!!

That Churchill divvy led the country to victory in a world war but lost the election that followed...'kin fraud!

That David Bowie, ok he left a massive collection of great songs - but The Laughing Gnome?! WTF....the 'kin fraud!!!
First of all I think it's absolutely incredible anyone would compare Martinez to Churchill, it would be quite alarming for any rational person to make that comparison but obviously your blind devotion to the charlatan prevents you from seeing this. The differences between Churchill, Bowie and your beloved? (Other then the obvious one's that any sane person could see!) is that they actually had tangible success, Churchill was Prime Minister and a truly inspirational leader of this country during one of its darkest hours in WW2 and went on to win a general election later in his career Bowie had tones and tones of success and made some truly amazing songs. Martinez finished fifth Dave, for the one millionth time he finished FIFTH. The point's total is nither a negative or a positive its just completely irrelevant full stop and always has been. Nobody cares about how many points you acquire on the way to success its all about were you finish. Nobody will ever choose 101 points and second place over 83 and first place other then the stupid or WUM's.

Last edited:

The Bard said it best.

Marc Antony, at Ceasar's funeral.

"The evil that men do lives after them.....the good is oft interred with their bones"

And so it goes that the Cavalier spirit and unbridled optimism of 2013/14 is expunged from out history.

The great European run the following season never happened.

The fantastic, flowing football in the first half of last season is completely overlooked and only the dark says that were the last few months remain.

Bobby is not to be given any credit for signing Lukaku, Barry, Holgate, Jimmy Mac, Galloway or the rapidly coming into vogue Joel.

Oh no.....he only signed McGeady, Cleverly, Kone and Omar.

He never gave John Stones his break and netted us a profit of around £45 million.....or made Ross a permanent fixture in his starting XI.

No, sir.

It was three years of unremitting doom and gloom :mad:

The revisionists tell us this.....so it must be true.

Because Brutus is an honourable man :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back