Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ireland don't qualify and seeing that my second favourite national side the Netherlands won't be there.Then i guess if that scenario comes to pass then i would give my full support to Belgium.Go team Martinez.lol Seriously though i wish Belgium all the best in the tournament.The furthest they have got in a World Cup was the quarter finals.If Bobby takes them to a semi final then he will have done a great job.
2nd this statement, if Ireland don't qualify it'll be Ireland and Belgium for me. Allez Allez ohhhhhhh

2nd this statement, if Ireland don't qualify it'll be Ireland and Belgium for me. Allez Allez ohhhhhhh

Lol If Ireland don't qualify it will be Ireland and Belgium for me.Of course there's two Irish national sides.The Republic and Northern Ireland.I was of course talking about the ROI.lol

If Ireland don't qualify and seeing that my second favourite national side the Netherlands won't be there.Then i guess if that scenario comes to pass then i would give my full support to Belgium.Go team Martinez.lol Seriously though i wish Belgium all the best in the tournament.The furthest they have got in a World Cup was the quarter finals.If Bobby takes them to a semi final then he will have done a great job.

They got to the semis in 86...

Still to this day can't believe Martinez got this job, he's either sleeping with someone at Belgium FA or got one hell of an interview technique!

Still to this day can't believe Martinez got this job, he's either sleeping with someone at Belgium FA or got one hell of an interview technique!

If this is the case then he fully deserves the job. Everybody at the Belgian FA is over sixty.

Current president:

6772871.jpg

Out of curiosity @davek, who would you rather have in charge with a 150 million transfer budget -- Moyes or Koeman? Interested to hear your opinion on this.
Moyes. No question. He could be wasteful with cash (Bilyaletdinov, Beattie, Krolrdup) but he couldn't be anymore disastrous than Koeman. Koeman has paid tens of millions on rubbish like Williams, Bolasie, Klaassen, overpaid on bang average players like Schneiderlin, paid out £15M more than he should have chasing the signature of Sigurdsson, and he's paid needless millions for players who have been loaned out straight away and millions on a player like Lookman who he wont now play.

In my estimation he's wasted roughly £90M-£100M of the circa £200M he's spent since being here.

I said about half way through the summer window that the profligate level of spending under this feller would be looked back upon as a disastrous period in the club's history. https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/koeman-weve-only-spent-£7m.98174/page-39#post-5669233

I see no reason to reassess that prediction. He's been a complete calamity in the transfer market.

Moyes. No question. He could be wasteful with cash (Bilyaletdinov, Beattie, Krolrdup) but he couldn't be anymore disastrous than Koeman. Koeman has paid tens of millions on rubbish like Williams, Bolasie, Klaassen, overpaid on bang average players like Schneiderlin, paid out £15M more than he should have chasing the signature of Sigurdsson, and he's paid needless millions for players who have been loaned out straight away and millions on a player like Lookman who he wont now play.

In my estimation he's wasted roughly £90M-£100M of the circa £200M he's spent since being here.

I said about half way through the summer window that the profligate level of spending under this feller would be looked back upon as a disastrous period in the club's history. https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/koeman-weve-only-spent-£7m.98174/page-39#post-5669233

I see no reason to reassess that prediction. He's been a complete calamity in the transfer market.
I still think there is more to come from Klaassen and Siggurdsson if they are used in the right system. As you said the club have definitely paid over the odds for them and there is a case that we only should have went in for one of them. Lookman needs someone like Unsworth who will persist with him, the talent is there in spades, he needs the right manager to bring it out in him.

I still think there is more to come from Klaassen and Siggurdsson if they are used in the right system. As you said the club have definitely paid over the odds for them and there is a case that we only should have went in for one of them. Lookman needs someone like Unsworth who will persist with him, the talent is there in spades, he needs the right manager to bring it out in him.
I wouldn't disagree that a tune can be gotten out of some of the talent brought in and presently misfiring. As it is, however, there is an awful lot of money that's been wasted.

With the stadium to pay for, an owner obviously looking to recycle player sales, and with no new piece of family silver to pawn of high value such as a Stones or Lukaku, the last 12 months spending is going to be looked back upon in the coming years with horror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back