Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Martinez new Belgium head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 wins from 38 games suggests you're wrong.

My argument is that he can't retain order in the dressing room, he is tactically too stubborn and the players dissent is apparent (even in a winning Belgian squad he's had trouble).

I'm not saying he doesn't have some good qualities - we saw at Everton that the guy can put a good cup run together. But, if a big club does poach him, they will live to regret it if they want any longevity and stability from him.

My argument is that he can't retain order in the dressing room, he is tactically too stubborn and the players dissent is apparent (even in a winning Belgian squad he's had trouble).

I'm not saying he doesn't have some good qualities - we saw at Everton that the guy can put a good cup run together. But, if a big club does poach him, they will live to regret it if they want any longevity and stability from him.
He can put a good season together...as we know...and as a top Euro club will find out soon.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

Dave is clearly mentally damaged (when it comes to Martinez).

21 wins from 38 games suggests you're wrong.

Anyway, we'll soon find out how crap he is or not as a league manager when a top Euro club poaches him after this WC.

Martinez managing a Euro power house....Moyes managing in League One, Koeman not managing to find his flip flop order.

The natural order has been re-established.

Well after that 72 point season, we finished 11th on 47 points, and then when he was fired, we were on 44 points.So something went badly wrong there.Of course the players, throwing him under the wheels of the bus, didn't help either.

It could be said Southgate has done as good a job (if not better) as Martinez at this World Cup will a far inferior squad.

You wha?

England, like Belgium, qualified from probably the easiest group in the competion.

Scotland would have qualified from it :blush:

Japan and Brazil was a more difficult path to the semis than Colombia and Sweden.

Plus Belgium beat England (and Roberto played a weakened team as well).

There is no way Southgate has done as “good a job” as Bobby thus far.....and for certain he has not done a “better” one :Blink:

If Belgium can beat France, then actually winning the world cup is on.I think they would go into the final as favourites.I think Belgium and England, would be the neutrals dream final.But for personal reasons (over earlier events) i'd like to see them face Croatia.I think Bobby would be a popular man in Moscow (and Brussels as well for that matter!) if Croatia are put to the sword.But look they have to deal with France first, and this will be their toughest game yet imo.But i will be rooting for Belgium here, and hopefully i'll be rooting for them in the final, as well.Best of luck to them.

You wha?

England, like Belgium, qualified from probably the easiest group in the competion.

Scotland would have qualified from it :blush:

Japan and Brazil was a more difficult path to the semis than Colombia and Sweden.

Plus Belgium beat England (and Roberto played a weakened team as well).

There is no way Southgate has done as “good a job” as Bobby thus far.....and for certain he has not done a “better” one :Blink:
mate half the England fans are still doing mental gymnastics to view England as some underdog team achieving this against all odds despite being favorites in every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back