2021/22 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen the highlights. If Holgate is sent off for winning the tackle but following through on Holjberg, how come it's not a penalty where Lloris gets the ball but follows through on Richy?

hardly compare, one was a kung fu kick designed to break a leg, one was a perfectly timed challenge

I'm not disputing that Holgate's was a red; it was reckless and potentially endangered an opponent, therefore it was a red all day long.

However, I thought the rule which applied wasn't just the tackle, but also the follow through and this is where the Lloris save comes in. Even if he did get a finger tip to the ball, his follow through took out Richy. Anywhere else on the pitch and that's a foul, why the inconsistency when it's a keeper in the area?

Sorry if off topic, just looking to understand

I'm not disputing that Holgate's was a red; it was reckless and potentially endangered an opponent, therefore it was a red all day long.

However, I thought the rule which applied wasn't just the tackle, but also the follow through and this is where the Lloris save comes in. Even if he did get a finger tip to the ball, his follow through took out Richy. Anywhere else on the pitch and that's a foul, why the inconsistency when it's a keeper in the area?

Sorry if off topic, just looking to understand

It was a stonewall penalty. I've watched it countless times and am not sure if he even got the ball. Plus the only way he could get to the ball was through Richarlison's ankle. Certainly not clear and obvious, just a decision to favour the perceived bigger team.

Championship level player, he isn’t going to contribute to a squad attempting to improve. Much the same as Tom Davies. They must know by now they are not going to be regular first team players and hopefully they will realise they need to move on to get a starting place on a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.