2021/22 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
really?
I'd have him in the 20m range.
Young, English defender who can play at center back, full back, and has the potential to be a decent holding midfielder.
He did really well when called upon while Keane's form was up and down and Mina was a sick note.
There's talk of Everton getting Anthony Barry in, I think someone like Holgate could thrive under a decent defensive coach.

Not even a little bit.

He's poo, always has been and always will be. Counting down the days until he ultimately ends up getting released from the club. Not a peep of interest from other clubs the whole time he's been at Everton, just like Keane.

He's poo, always has been and always will be. Counting down the days until he ultimately ends up getting released from the club. Not a peep of interest from other clubs the whole time he's been at Everton, just like Keane.
Didn't he have the chance to go to Brighton last summer also they asked again in January, he turned them down

Not even a little bit.

I'll die on a hill that says hes more suited to midfield than defence (which is probably doen to my old fashioned outlook on ball playing centre backs), but there is no chance hes worth 20m. If we got a bid of 5m I would consider it.

Well it was all over transfer news and he said himself in his last interview that he had the chance, thought about but decided to stay and fight for his place. Interestingly I did a poll on my West Brom site last week asking if they would welcome him back, it was about 87% in favour.
Damn, if only he'd have gone. Ultimately he'll never get a payday like his current one, so obviously he's here until he's out of contract, same as Keane, Gomes, Allan, Iwobi, Rondon, Davies, Coleman and others.

Damn, if only he'd have gone. Ultimately he'll never get a payday like his current one, so obviously he's here until he's out of contract, same as Keane, Gomes, Allan, Iwobi, Rondon, Davies, Coleman and others.
Spot on, he always said if he found himself out of favour he would go off on loan again but that was when he was on 20 grand a week and not 64, I suppose now Everton could subsidise part of his wages

Status
Not open for further replies.