2023/24 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
225024.png.adapt.265w.png

bang average player

a poor man's Godfrey and that's being nice

Maybe by "favourable terms" he means they are covering his full wage rather than Southampton paying half. Would I guess be north of a million saved and in our situation can't turn our noses up at it.

Makes sense. It's a bit of a weird thing to criticise the club for.

He'll likely find a better fit at Sheffield United. No idea what position he's been playing for Sothampton, but they like to consider themselves as a 'footballing' club, wheras Sheffield United are a bit more old fashioned.

Makes sense. It's a bit of a weird thing to criticise the club for.

He'll likely find a better fit at Sheffield United. No idea what position he's been playing for Sothampton, but they like to consider themselves as a 'footballing' club, wheras Sheffield United are a bit more old fashioned.
He's been playing occasional bench warmer or panic 4th choice full back, badly.
He really didn't look like he was up to championship level imo.

Bit of a stupid deal sending him to a rival, we’re obviously in a bad state, with governance asleep at the wheel.
They've got 10 points from 22 games. Mason Holgate isn't going to catapult them to safety. You never know, maybe he nicks them a point against Forest or Luton or whoever and it actually ends up helping us. I don't really have a problem with him going there at all.

They've got 10 points from 22 games. Mason Holgate isn't going to catapult them to safety. You never know, maybe he nicks them a point against Forest or Luton or whoever and it actually ends up helping us. I don't really have a problem with him going there at all.

If things don’t go our way we could have 8 from 22 though mate.

Maybe, but even in that scenario if we finish behind Sheffield United I highly doubt it'll be the difference between 18th and 17th. Maybe the difference between 20th and 19th but ultimately that means nothing.

Likely, but not certain mate, if the worst happens we will still be competing against them - I wouldn’t have done it.

Fulham or Wolves wouldn't loan us a player at the moment would they.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back