2023/24 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought he had the physical characteristics of a PL centerback. Was always a tweener, not tall enough to handle the aerial threats, not broad enough (think Tarkowski) to create space for himself to leap, not fast enough to make up for his lack of size.
I think the same and that's why he's been moved about between positions because he's shown some ability but never enough to fully convince that he could do it. Its all very well people saying there was talk of him moving to city and talk of him getting england caps but talk is cheap and the fact is he never even properly made himself a regular at centre half here letalone at a higher level.

Southampton think he's rubbish so they want to send him back, whereas Sheffield United are in a division above and want him. Lets hope he doesn't do a Maupay and suddenly become a good player for a relegation rival...

I hope this doesnt come back to haunt us.
I always used to say to my son that he never seemed arsed. When warming up he was always messing around rather than warming up. I look at the good pro's and he never came across as one

‘Favourable terms’ probably means he will help make sure Sheff U don’t have a revival after making a couple of signings because he’s a terrible defender whereas we don’t care about what happens at Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back