2023/24 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope not and I wouldn’t be taking him back unless it was in the deal let them keep paying half his wages or 30/40% whatever the arrangement was. Hope this has gave the lad a wake up call that he isn’t the baller he thinks he is.
Thats it for me kerp him out southampton and if he wants get a new loan then they can let him talk to othet clubs. Rangers would be best option for him now

I find it so odd that about 3/4 seasons ago people were talking about him playing for England, as was Godfrey. How can players fall off so much? Are they simply not being managed correctly? Holgate I’ve never considered terrible and Godfrey should have retrained as either a left or right back.

I find it so odd that about 3/4 seasons ago people were talking about him playing for England, as was Godfrey. How can players fall off so much? Are they simply not being managed correctly? Holgate I’ve never considered terrible and Godfrey should have retrained as either a left or right back.
The only person talking about Holgate for England was Mason Holgate.

He had a cracking loan at West Brom, iirc. They wanted to buy him on the back of it and we wanted to keep him so much he got a pay rise and a long contract.

We never learn.

He had a cracking loan at West Brom, iirc. They wanted to buy him on the back of it and we wanted to keep him so much he got a pay rise and a long contract.

We never learn.
Bit harsh, one minute Antonee Robinson was touch and go, the next minute Wigan have him on the cheap and AC Milan are all guns blazing for him (failed a medical - heart issue apparently) ends up with Fulham doing pretty well. Stick or twist, for instance I'm glad the club didn't see Branthwaite to PSV for the 15 million or so. Sometimes players come right elsewhere.

It’s not odd or a fall off, it’s quite simple. We just pretended they were better than they were. We’ve done this with hundreds of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back