2023/24 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
from what source? doesnt really make sense? we’ve sent him on loan to get him partly off the wage bill and latterly in the shop window. unlikely another club will take him if he’s struggling to get a game at saints. unless they know they have interest
A very, very bad source, with something like a 1% strike rate.

Maybe this is a 1%er.

A source so bad I cant even link it.

Everton want to recall defender Mason Holgate in the January transfer window due to a lack of action at Southampton, sources have told Football Insider.
By Wayne Veysey

from what source? doesnt really make sense? we’ve sent him on loan to get him partly off the wage bill and latterly in the shop window. unlikely another club will take him if he’s struggling to get a game at saints. unless they know they have interest
It's off an Everton site, I tried to copy and paste it on here but it won't let me

Is he chubby or just local?
What’s this? We’ll have no trouble here!

Mason Holgate can’t get games at Southampton in front of Bednarek and Harwood-Bellis because he’s crap. He is absolutely no use to Everton and the idiots who gave him £70k a week have made getting rid of him impossible without taking more financial hits.

Last edited:

He's not rated at Saints (surprise!) but is perfectly adequate at Champ' level as 4th choice CB.

Southampton sources also say he's on his way back early. Everton apparently want him playing regularly so they can ̶d̶u̶m̶p̶ sell him. Trouble is no-one is going to pay wages anywhere near his Everton rate, we were lucky to have half his wages paid up 'till now. Saints will not want him as 4th choice at 35k a week, they have 3rd choice full backs who can do that job if required.

If Holgate follows his agent's advice he'll no doubt see out his contract here, then sign up for a mid/low placed Champ' / L1 side or experience the fun of working abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back