2023/24 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats all well and good, but i dont think he's any worse than Young and Coleman, albeit they are much older and have been much better in the past.

If, and only if, he took a drastic paycut, i would happily have him in the squad. Im not, and have never suggested giving him an improved contract, or even 1 on the same money, and i certainly dont think he would be 1st choice. But finding a cheap, capable backup, with experience, no transfer fee, no signing on fee, on less money, for a 27 year old, is not going to be easy.
Would any members here take a drastic pay cut while under contract? The player who looked very decent under Ancelotti could still do a job. Dyche is allegedly a good coach who can make a decent team with average players. Let's see what he can do.

Going to struggle to get rid of Holgate and Keane due to their ridiculous wages.
One thing that winds me up no end with Everton is that no matter at what timepoint, there are always, always a handful of useless crabs at the club absolutely stealing a wage that you know are only leaving when their contracts expire.

We've only just been able to get rid of Gomes, and the thought of Alli being given yet another lifeline is utterly ridiculous.

This summer we're thinking "Can't believe Keane and Holgate are still here for a year", next summer it'll be "Can't believe Beto and Patterson are still here for two years".

One thing that winds me up no end with Everton is that no matter at what timepoint, there are always, always a handful of useless crabs at the club absolutely stealing a wage that you know are only leaving when their contracts expire.

We've only just been able to get rid of Gomes, and the thought of Alli being given yet another lifeline is utterly ridiculous.

This summer we're thinking "Can't believe Keane and Holgate are still here for a year", next summer it'll be "Can't believe Beto and Patterson are still here for two years".

Holgate is useless. I'm convinced he doesn't have the mentality to be a Premier League footballer

It's very frustrating. Giving him that long a contract was ridiculous. Or a contract at all

Holgate is useless. I'm convinced he doesn't have the mentality to be a Premier League footballer

It's very frustrating. Giving him that long a contract was ridiculous. Or a contract at all
I agree...he has a mentality issue to be successful at pl level which is a shame because he has undeniably quality as a footballer. He can be comfortable on the ball (too comfortable sometimes), but then just switch off at times with negative consequences to the team.

I agree...he has a mentality issue to be successful at pl level which is a shame because he has undeniably quality as a footballer. He can be comfortable on the ball (too comfortable sometimes), but then just switch off at times with negative consequences to the team.
I agree with you.

Very , very frustrating. I've seen him have some outstanding games ( not many unfortunately) when he genuinely looks a very good defender and then in the blink of an eye he can make an error that would make a schoolboy blush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.