2024/25 Mason Holgate

Whats more scary is he is our fourth choice right back behind Young , Coleman and Patterson and our fifth choice centre back but still gets a game .. How have we started the season in such a mess …Whatever Dyches issue with Patterson is he needs to get over it and play him as soon as hes fit because he cant be worse than young or holgate .. Dixon also must come in to the picture on the same basis … We will probably have to play Tarks , Branners and o brien in 3 at the back to give us some flexibility in the wing backs.. only problem then is Keane and Holgate are the back up to the 3 ..What a horrible mess !

Dyche absolutely hung him out to dry yesterday.
What was the point of bringing him on yesterday was he just trying to humiliate him into walking away ?
I never leave before the end but they broke me yesterday .when the ref put 9 minutes extra time and they scored the fourth disallowed goal I left.

I like him, got potential
Yeah, there comes a time when it is actually morally wrong to hound a failed or unpopular player. Holgate has been a disaster for Everton and his career is in the toilet - but he doesn't pick himself.

The manager went way down in my estimation today. And I quite liked him and the job he's been doing.
Yeh, some truth in this. Although him earning 10’s of thousands a week may ease the pain

My most controversial opinion from yesterday is that he should have come on sooner. The 20 minutes after the red card where each of McNeil, Harrison and, even for a brief spell, N'Diaye filled in at right back was absolutely farcical.

Obviously, in an ideal world, we shouldn't be resorting to giving this lad any minutes in 2024, but that entire sequence which culminated in him finally bringing a defender on to fill in for Young was amateur-hour. Surely the reason Holgate was on the bench was to step in at right back in an emergency?

My most controversial opinion from yesterday is that he should have come on sooner. The 20 minutes after the red card where each of McNeil, Harrison and, even for a brief spell, N'Diaye filled in at right back was absolutely farcical.

Obviously, in an ideal world, we shouldn't be resorting to giving this lad any minutes in 2024, but that entire sequence which culminated in him finally bringing a defender on to fill in for Young was amateur-hour. Surely the reason Holgate was on the bench was to step in at right back in an emergency?

Think it shows just how reluctant he is to use him.

Maybe they were hoping for 10 mins of brilliance in the "shop window" so some League 1 or 2 team could persuade their Owners to stump up 5% of his wages in a loan deal.
He's probably not arsed.
His loans haven't come to anything.
He knows he's a back up so does just enough at training and nods when Dyche gives him encouragement.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back