2024/25 Mason Holgate

How bad are our new players if this lads coming on with 5 mins to go...

But for a narrow offside decision, we'd have conceded 2 goals in the last 5 (plus injury time).

Not saying that's all Holgate's fault but he shouldn't be anywhere near this team.

But for a narrow offside decision, we'd have conceded 2 goals in the last 5 (plus injury time).

Not saying that's all Holgate's fault but he shouldn't be anywhere near this team.
Dont think his appearance in the second half is really a reflection on any of the new players to be fair. How could it? It's squarely down to the oaf in the dugout. He played Holgate from the very first pre-season game in Sligo where he conceded possession in the box to gift Sligo an easy finish. As Holgate has done for 4-5 seasons.

No blame on Holgate either, simply not good enough and playing down his remaining lucrative contract. It's the manager who - my opinion - did not sign off on the JOB signing and there is some form of rift with the DOF. If this is the case, it needs sorting and pronto.

Rather see O'Brien played at RB than this schmuck. Unless Branthwaite still isn't fit, because then Keane.

Like a really wank game of Connect 4 this.

….i suppose a positive is we were defensively sound last season and the back 4 composition is mainly the same. Young another year older and Coleman more fragile than ever is the issue that will hurt us if not resolved.

As much as I like Dixon, he’s probably a long way (if ever) from consideration. O’Brien is a big old unit to play there, maybe they’ll make do with Garner.

Problem is none of the new players can actually play at RB.

If Garner was available you slot him in there v Spurs but I assume he's still a week or two away?

So reality is there's no one else but Holgate who's had runs of games in there in the past.

If Garner was available you slot him in there v Spurs but I assume he's still a week or two away?

So reality is there's no one else but Holgate who's had runs of games in there in the past.

I don’t understand why people think Dyche will play Garner at RB if someone like Holgate is available. He’s only used him once there before, and he wasn’t really there as it was a wing-back.

The other option is the back 3 with harrison wing back...but perhaps a bit too attacking especially at spurs.

The sooner his contract is up, the better. I don't want to see him anywhere near the new ground although he may well go there with a championship team .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back